Moving from bb to Epic 4G Touch this week

N8TJG

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm switching from my Blackberry Bold to the GSIIE4GT this week. Our company is doing away with the Blackberry server.

Other than learn the Android system (my wife has a basic Android phone,) anything I should look for on it? Anything special I should change or modify first? Thanks.

Todd

captfbgnet

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I did the same three months ago and have never looked back. The difference is night and day. The Swype email app is fantastic and fast. Just as you took the time to 'learn the BB' do the same with your new *love.* It will pay off for you. You will not be disappointed. :cool:

duddy23b

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I second that but what you can look forward to even more so is the web, faster more precise a joy compared to BB not to mention a larger screen. :cool:

N8TJG

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm also looking forward to the much larger App Market. BB had App World, but it doesn't even compare to the Market, at least in my opinion.

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I suggest looking into rooting to get more features out of the phone. Including other-than-stock keyboards. Mind you, rooting is not for everyone. But at least research the capabilities. A quick Google search should have you 'in the know'.

prown01

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
As a former bb user all I can say is the keyboard no matter what type of virtual you get will never be better than the physical keyboard of an BB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15