I'm switching from my Blackberry Bold to the GSIIE4GT this week. Our company is doing away with the Blackberry server.

Other than learn the Android system (my wife has a basic Android phone,) anything I should look for on it? Anything special I should change or modify first? Thanks.

Todd
    02-12-2012 06:44 AM
    I did the same three months ago and have never looked back. The difference is night and day. The Swype email app is fantastic and fast. Just as you took the time to 'learn the BB' do the same with your new *love.* It will pay off for you. You will not be disappointed.
    02-12-2012 07:43 AM
    Definitely a better keyboard. I SwiftKey X. The stock ones just don't cut it for me.

Sent from my Blazing ET4G
    02-12-2012 08:23 AM
    I second that but what you can look forward to even more so is the web, faster more precise a joy compared to BB not to mention a larger screen.
    DETERMINOLOGY likes this.
    02-12-2012 01:26 PM
    I'm also looking forward to the much larger App Market. BB had App World, but it doesn't even compare to the Market, at least in my opinion.
    02-12-2012 06:05 PM
    We have a thread just for you: BlackBerry User's Guide to Android.

To get the mot out of your SGIIET: 25 Reasons to Consider the Sprint Epic 4G Touch

Also see the more detailed Getting Started with Android - Tips and Tricks.
    N8TJG and basketthis like this.
    02-12-2012 09:21 PM
    I suggest looking into rooting to get more features out of the phone. Including other-than-stock keyboards. Mind you, rooting is not for everyone. But at least research the capabilities. A quick Google search should have you 'in the know'.
    02-13-2012 07:18 AM
    As a former bb user all I can say is the keyboard no matter what type of virtual you get will never be better than the physical keyboard of an BB.
    02-13-2012 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD