My ringtones, whether stock or .mp3 clips that I have put on the phone, all start out at a good volume level then after 1 second get very loud. They all do it. I have looked in the settings and there doesn't seem to be any choice for an increasing cascade effect like this. Can anyone help? I want it all one volume level
    02-14-2012 09:44 AM
    It's a "feature" on this phone. Someone at Samsung apparently thought people would like it. Some may but I don't. Anyhoo, the first ring is soft then it rises to a louder but consistent tone. If the first ring is fine for you then you have the ringer set too loud. Unfortunately, the only way to remove it is to root and run a custom ROM that ditched it.
    dollface likes this.
    02-14-2012 09:51 AM
    It's a "feature" on this phone. Someone at Samsung apparently thought people would like it. Some may but I don't. Anyhoo, the first ring is soft then it rises to a louder but consistent tone. If the first ring is fine for you then you have the ringer set too loud. Unfortunately, the only way to remove it is to root and run a custom ROM that ditched it.
    Crap. I don't know why I never noticed it until now. On my BB it had a cascade feature that you could choose or not. Do not like.
    02-14-2012 10:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD