Front Facing Camera as "True Mirror"

hairpotato

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
So I was wondering... With all the weird asymmetries in out faces, we tend to see ourselves much differently when looking into a mirror than how other people see us. That's why a lot of people tend to complain about not looking like themselves in photos... hence all these complaints about pictures taken with the FFC being 'flipped' when it is really our own perception that is flipped.

I am very frustrated that the viewfinder for the built-in camera app only provides a flipped perception rather than a real one. Is there a way to turn off this mirroring effect? Or an app that allows for tbis to happen? I would much rather see myself as how others see me than see myself as how I think I look.

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like an existential question to me...

No camera can truly capture your true beauty and replicate it on an 800x480 screen...even if its AMOLED! All camera apps that I have use directly reflect what they see (the right side of your face is shown on the right side of the screen), which is the same as looking into a mirror. I use My Mirror to check my ulginess, but that provides the same view as the built-in camera. Just hire someone to do your makeup!

crisbucek

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi hairpotato,
I fully understand your question, I'm afraid djjr50 didn't.
By the way, whatever djjr50 means by "the right side of your face" a camera definitly does not show the same as what we would see in a mirror! A part from using the mirror function of your mobile or flipping your camcorder display, your camera shows the images in the right side (not mirrored!).
And hairpotato, you're right: the asymetries have a hudge impact on what you think you look like because we see ourselves most of the time in a mirror.
I don't know any apps for showing you the right side of your own image or turning off the mirroing, inspite my researches... So if you find a solution, please let me know.
But if you only want to see yourself live, on the right side, the best way is using a 90 degree mirror, no solution from android so far...
Cheers!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma