No music while using camera?

Calr12

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I just got my Epic Touch today and have been playing around with it. I've got most of what I wanted figured out and this site has been a big help for that. However, I was shocked when the music that I was listening to on the stock player shut off when I activated the camera. Does this phone not allow you to use the camera and listen to music at the same time? I've always been a Blackberry user and I've never encountered this before.

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Sorry I don't have a fix, but the camera software for this phone is a bit behind the times. You also can't use the camera if you are on a call, or if you have less than 15% battery.

The last two are usually fixed if you flash a custom rom (which you may not want to do), but on the roms I've tried, the music still seems to stop.

NB

Thedonkeyshow808

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Baw chicka baw baw...

Not sure if I wanna know. But I'll bite.
Why would you need to have music playing while you take a picture?
Not trying to be an ass. Just curious...

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
It's because in some countries it's illegal to take pictures of people without them knowing. They won't let any media play because the camera needs to sound and 2 medias can't play through the speakers at the same time.

Kikoshi

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
It's because in some countries it's illegal to take pictures of people without them knowing. They won't let any media play because the camera needs to sound and 2 medias can't play through the speakers at the same time.

Actually is very possible to make 2 medias play through the speaker. I've done it a couple of times, by accident lol

Reactions: Biggnaa20

daplacidone

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
its only the stock camera .... a cleary better camera is ultimate camera 360, however you will have to do some tweaking to make worthy of being your stock camera.. and good news is the app is now freee

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Baw chicka baw baw...

There was the time I was playing music for a party though my phone and thought I'd take a group shot, grinding the party to a silent halt. Explaining that my flashy new Epic Touch can't do something so simple made the phone look cheap and unfinished to the BB and iPhone users.

It's also rather annoying if I am just listening to tunes myself and want to capture a sunset while I'm in the groove.

naa

Calr12

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
none of my old BB's were able to listen to music while on the camera, and i've had about 6 different models

I never had a problem with it on my BB Curve 8320. That's why I was shocked that a more advanced phone like the Epic Touch couldn't do it.

Calr12

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Baw chicka baw baw...

I love listening to music to relax. I also love taking pictures of very random scenes that are beautiful and/or interesting to relax. Being able to combine one relaxing thing that you love with another relaxing thing that you love only heightens both. Having to stop doing one just to do the other is weird after not having had to do that before and it also breaks the moment.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza