03-09-2012 10:14 PM
43 12
tools
    Its been roughly 5 months since I've had this phone........

Even after all the problem with reception, gps, and wifi issues. I must say, I still love this phone. It really doesn't stop surprising me. The built quality has helped this phone withstand many accidental falls. It has seen me through my tough times and my good times. It has saved me though some desperate moments; moments, that I lost my report and helped me remote into my home computer to print out another copy. This phone helped me capture memories that I may have never captured n give me up-tp-date information at a moments notice. I really have to say, this phone was definitely, money well spent. Now that the s3 is around the corner, prime being the current top, and the iphone 5 rumored to be release sometime soon. What are your thoughts on our aging device?
    02-20-2012 08:50 PM
    I've had it for almost 3 months and I still love it

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    02-21-2012 02:50 AM
    Just picked mine up last week after switching from a bb...so far it's been great. Still learning it though.
    02-21-2012 04:51 AM
    I've had mine since sept. 16, I started going out with the chick at the Sprint store that sold me this phone, good times, well we are hardly even friends now & barely talk. So the GS3 is on the way now, Just like women there's always something new. But you'll always remember the good ones! I'm still comfortable with this elite device, however I guess it's On to the next one (gs3), maybe they'll stretch the life span a bit longer than 12 months so we won't have to crank out another $500 so soon!
    02-21-2012 05:15 AM
    I do but like with every phone I've ever had I am starting to get a little bored and would like a longer battery. But other than that it is the best phone I've ever had. I'm still amazed at how little dust gets in this phone. That's been a huge gripe of mine over the years. the build quality on this phone is great.
    02-21-2012 06:30 AM
    I purchased mine towards the end of December and still loving it. More so with the recent ICS leaks and over-all developer support this device has on XDA.
    02-21-2012 09:31 AM
    I am loving my Epic 4G Touch after having it a while now. Still really enjoy the "Feel" of the phone. So light compared to my Evo 4G and my wife's Evo3D. I am rockin great battery life as long as I kill Facebook everytime I am finished using it and the Devs are really working hard for this phone. I can't wait for CM9 to hit us. Very exciting indeed.
    02-21-2012 12:11 PM
    I like the build-quality but the operating system is horrible.
    02-21-2012 01:52 PM
    I like the build-quality but the operating system is horrible.
    Want to elaborate on that? Are you talking about Touchwiz or Android in general?

As for me, loving it still! Looking forward to the update and I hope that Samsung pretties things up some more. Something tells me that I will get a GS3, as long as Sprint will carry it which I am sure they will. The update will carry me over until we get our paws on the GS3.

This has been the most trouble free and most reliable phone I have ever had, I will be hard pressed to get a HTC or Motorola device. I am looking forward the most to a higher resolution screen in the GS3, that, and a prettier Touchwiz. With all the performance the next phone should be packing, I am expecting to see a smoother and even prettier UI. If they can't make it much prettier themselves, then please let us just enjoy stock ICS!
    02-21-2012 03:35 PM
    I live my phone so much
    it lives me back
    it lives me right in the pants
    and I live it in the pants
    live live live it wants my live

I have had very little issue with mine, wifi works better then my evo, I get better reception, people sound better, they say I sound better, a few spots were no/low phone/wifi signal was before now have acceptable service, screen is excellent, speed is great

still needs some work on the time delay for some things. I don't like that when I select a phone number from the work log it does just call it, annoying when I am trying to dial quick, and tapping someone's name you have to hit the phone icon, if you select them it should call, and then for text an icon should be there.

nothing to dramatic on problems.
    Everyone complains about GPS, but it is no better/worse then any other phone I have had.
    Ckwilson likes this.
    02-21-2012 03:40 PM
    Want to elaborate on that? Are you talking about Touchwiz or Android in general?

As for me, loving it still! Looking forward to the update and I hope that Samsung pretties things up some more. Something tells me that I will get a GS3, as long as Sprint will carry it which I am sure they will. The update will carry me over until we get our paws on the GS3.

This has been the most trouble free and most reliable phone I have ever had, I will be hard pressed to get a HTC or Motorola device. I am looking forward the most to a higher resolution screen in the GS3, that, and a prettier Touchwiz. With all the performance the next phone should be packing, I am expecting to see a smoother and even prettier UI. If they can't make it much prettier themselves, then please let us just enjoy stock ICS!
    Android. what the hell is touchwiz? I miss WebOS. Hardware and apps are great to have, but man, is the ui the most f'd up thing around.
    02-21-2012 04:08 PM
    Android. what the hell is touchwiz? I miss WebOS. Hardware and apps are great to have, but man, is the ui the most f'd up thing around.
    Touchwiz is what you use every day, it's the launcher that sits on top of Android that makes everything look a bit more pretty than Gingerbread in it's vanilla version, which is pretty boring. It also adds some functionality such as folders, and a different menu when adding widgets, shortcuts, different wallpapers etc.

Don't get me started on webOS, I was a Sprint Palm Pre victim, hated that thing! Don't know how many times I had to reboot that a day. The OS is ok, but in the mean time I can't remember anything that I miss from it. That whole card system stuff was a good idea, but I hated the ever so frequent "too many cards error" that made you reboot in order to start a new app. We will get the swiping off notifications that were great in webOS in ICS. I like Android, love all the apps, and love the great selection of hardware we get to pick from.
    02-21-2012 04:57 PM
    Whew! what can I add to the prior comments but to echo them all, superb phone, quality build for sure, extremely pleasant on the eyes, vision and eye appeal, its comes with all the apps I need ok! ok! I'll leave some words for others to say.
    02-21-2012 05:09 PM
    I live my phone so much
    it lives me back
    it lives me right in the pants
    and I live it in the pants
    live live live it wants my live

still needs some work on the time delay for some things. I don't like that when I select a phone number from the work log it does just call it, annoying when I am trying to dial quick, and tapping someone's name you have to hit the phone icon, if you select them it should call, and then for text an icon should be there.

nothing to dramatic on problems.

Everyone complains about GPS, but it is no better/worse then any other phone I have had.
    If you swipe their name to the right it'll automatically call them. If you swipe to the left it will go to their message thread.
    cjones and freddyc like this.
    02-21-2012 06:33 PM
    Love the phone, like Sprints rates but Sprints data service is killing what would otherwise be a perfect experience.

I really hope the tower updates and upgrades help because theres nothing more frustrating than seeing my 3G disappear turning my smartphone into a paper weight
    02-21-2012 07:03 PM
    Love the phone, like Sprints rates but Sprints data service is killing what would otherwise be a perfect experience.

I really hope the tower updates and upgrades help because theres nothing more frustrating than seeing my 3G disappear turning my smartphone into a paper weight
    I often get 2MB/s down here at my office over 3G. It's getting better, slowly.
    02-21-2012 07:13 PM
    I think us, as Sprint users, have had it pretty sweet in regards to the Epic Touch 4G. We still have the best phone on the carrier so I think that makes it easier to still love it as a device. If we were on ATT or something and Skyrockets HDs, Notes, etc. were all getting released then we might feel a little differently. I think this is one situation in which Sprint having a somewhat depleted phone lineup is a good thing. Now, Bring on the Galaxy S 3!
    02-22-2012 02:16 AM
    If you swipe their name to the right it'll automatically call them. If you swipe to the left it will go to their message thread.
    Thank you so much for writing this. I never knew this. What a great time saver!
    02-22-2012 09:25 AM
    Since the lastest update my battery life has gotten a bit worse for some strange reason. GPS issues - frustrating but fixable with the GPS Test app. Other than that, you can have my Epic Touch when you "pry it from my cold, dead hands!" I've had mine since the release date.
    02-22-2012 11:01 AM
    Thank you so much for writing this. I never knew this. What a great time saver!
    We (You) learn something new everyday. LOL
    My wife claims I'm having an affair with my Epic Touch so what do you think about me and my Epic Touch. I'm going for the Sam G3 but I'm not getting rid of this icon of a phone. BTW wifey has her own. I used to hate sleepless nights now i look forward to them, my Epic keeps me informed and entertained, always !!!
    02-22-2012 01:21 PM
    I wouldnt get rid of it either the epic touch is a beast for real and its even when it reachs the end of live i still would use the phone its pretty sick
    02-22-2012 10:33 PM
    Since the lastest update my battery life has gotten a bit worse for some strange reason. GPS issues - frustrating but fixable with the GPS Test app. Other than that, you can have my Epic Touch when you "pry it from my cold, dead hands!" I've had mine since the release date.
    GPS Test App ?
    02-27-2012 03:41 PM
    well how about that sh!t
    02-27-2012 03:42 PM
    Wow! Did not know the phone did that! Very cool feature.

See...this phone just never ceases to amaze me!
    I love it and won't give it up until the quad core galaxy is available from sprint!
    Tyndall likes this.
    02-28-2012 10:01 AM
    I got mine on the first day, and only decided to root it recently to try one of the ICS Roms. Killed the battery so I am back stock, and loving it. Other than than the battery issue a couple of weeks after release this phone has been solid. Cant wait for the S3.
    02-28-2012 10:30 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD