2 huge problems. HELP!

prown01

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
So i've had my galaxy s 2 for just over a month, and i'm starting to feel like i made a big mistake. As an old BB user i'm seeing two huge mistakes that to me are worth reverting back for. first and foremost my gmail is not auto syncing. yes i have it set to auto and for awhile it was. now it won't notify me that i have any emails. i have to manually enter the app and hit the refresh button not once, but twice. the first time i hit refresh the phone tells me i have emails. the second time it shows the actual new emails. what can i do to fix this? second my calendar app fails to notify me on time. sometimes as late as 3 hours later the notification finally goes off. can anybody help me? these are my two most used features as everyone knows BB's are all about business, so these two features worked flawlessly on their os.

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
So i've had my galaxy s 2 for just over a month, and i'm starting to feel like i made a big mistake. As an old BB user i'm seeing two huge mistakes that to me are worth reverting back for. first and foremost my gmail is not auto syncing. yes i have it set to auto and for awhile it was. now it won't notify me that i have any emails. i have to manually enter the app and hit the refresh button not once, but twice. the first time i hit refresh the phone tells me i have emails. the second time it shows the actual new emails. what can i do to fix this? second my calendar app fails to notify me on time. sometimes as late as 3 hours later the notification finally goes off. can anybody help me? these are my two most used features as everyone knows BB's are all about business, so these two features worked flawlessly on their os.

I use the email app for my gmail account, and disable the notifications for the gmail app. This seems to work much better and you can set how frequently your email updates. Are you by chance toggling data or switching on and off of wifi? I don't use the calender for notifications so I can't help there.

zeravla531

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Hmm, i've never had an issue with my calendar. I have once had a Gmail problem on my Photon when all of a sudden it wouldn't sync. I can fix it by going into applications, manage applications, clear data. That reset everything and cleared the problem. Maybe this would also work by clearing data from the calendar app as well.

If that doesn't work, you can always remove your Google account that add it back.

Last, I would just suggest the ol' trust factory reset.

If a factory reset doesn't work then it might be your phone, or some setting/rogue app that is causing the issue.

Hope that helps.

prown01

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I just cleared the data and it appears to be working fine so far. I'll hope for the best as for the calendar I have no idea what to do about it

E_Cross

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I've had an issue with contacts on gmail that don't show on my phone, I can look at them using the dial pad to find them, but not by browsing contacts. I will edit, refresh, etc. nothing has worked except deleting the contact and readding them to my phone, and then it will be in both.
I haven't had the sync issue
my calander was screwy, so I cleared the data, seems fine now

Tyndall

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar problem, started sifting through settings then realized that somehow auto sync had gotten turned off, so I re-enabled it and have had no issues since.

It may help to delete the accounts, reboot phone, then re-add the accounts and see if that fixes it. otherwise you are bound for a factory reset, but don't add your apps right back.....run with the stock setup for a couple days to see if the problem resolves, you may have inadvertently added an app which is conflicting with the stock apps in some way.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have never had any issues with the gmail syncing or my calander notifications with any of my android phones. Do you have any applications installed and running that might be killing your back ground data or something? I. E Juice defender or a task killer?

Reactions: cjones

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
the only time I ever had an issue with my gmail on the touch, I had the power save mod turned on, I let the battery run way down and it turned off the back ground data and sync, real easy fix. since I have two batteries I turned the power saver off

Reactions: cjones

Sdn2995

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
That was my problem with the auto sync. If your power saver is on and you reach your threshold that you set it turns off auto sync. It may be doing the same for your calender. I would either set your threshold really low or turn it off altogether and see if you're problem still exists

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12