I am just sick and looking for some help. I dropped my phone in Home Depot and cracked the screen.

I called Sprint and was able to add insurance to my phone. She told me I couldn't file any claims within 24 hours of adding the insurance.

I have a good friend that is great at fixing electronics so I believe he could replace the screen for me if I can find a good deal on the replacement screen part.

Anyone have any advice or experience with this?
    02-24-2012 08:51 AM
    Currently using the TPU case that's on Amazon but I'm not at all convinced it will help if I drop it, or help that much. Getting my Ballistics case delivered today for this very reason.

Curious, did you have any case on your phone when you dropped it and if so which one?
    02-24-2012 09:22 AM
    I watched the sprint tech replace the screen on my phone. After watching him do it I think I could do it myself. It looked like the hardest part would be separating the screen from the phone.
    02-24-2012 09:43 AM
    I watched the sprint tech replace the screen on my phone. After watching him do it I think I could do it myself. It looked like the hardest part would be separating the screen from the phone.

With insurance did you have to pay anything?
    02-24-2012 09:45 AM
    Yes, I had the TC Case on it. Unfortunately, it hit face down on a concrete floor.

Demontooth, I was thinking I would have to file an insurance claim and pay the deductible. It sounds like Sprint may be able to replace the screen in the store with the techs?
    02-24-2012 10:02 AM
    bought replacement on ebay got the screen-lcd is 1 piece came with new case and back cover 80.00
    very easy to replace 20 mins
    02-24-2012 10:18 AM
    Really?! I went to sprint with my phone glass cracked and they said they couldnt do anything and I have to pay $100 deductible with insurance. Im pissed because I did that not even a month ago for water damage. How did they repair yours?
    10-13-2012 11:37 AM
    Here is a 30 minute long video that shows you (or your friend) exactly how to do it.

I dropped my SII yesterday. First time I ever dropped it, it fell out of my work pants in the locker room at work while I was changing. Fell face down onto the concrete floor. My $15 Ballistic case earned its keep.
    10-13-2012 11:48 PM
    Here is a 30 minute long video that shows you (or your friend) exactly how to do it.

I dropped my SII yesterday. First time I ever dropped it, it fell out of my work pants in the locker room at work while I was changing. Fell face down onto the concrete floor. My $15 Ballistic case earned its keep.
    10-13-2012 11:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD