What bluetooth headsets is everyone using?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I still have the one that came free with my Evo 4g (Best Buy package deal with the phone), which is a Plantronics unit, but I am not too happy with it because the volume is so low on it.

I need something comfortable, clear sounding, and loud enough so that road noise won't drown out the callers voice.

Recommendations?

oversteer325

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I have a Samsung WEP 490. It was cheap and works perfectly. I tried more expensive models but they didn't work as well as the Samsung.

Seventy8

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I've been using one of the earlier Jawbones I picked up from... Woot(/some other deal site) and I've loved it.

It's a touch on the quiet side sometimes, but everyone can always hear me very clearly.
Definitely going to upgrade to a newer model at some point.

:)

kilen71

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I love my Blueant Q2! A headset that supports A2DP is a must for me since I use it a lot for listening to podcasts, etc. It has great sound and people on the other end have no complaints at all, unlike other headsets I've tried.
This write up was helpful:
The Best Bluetooth Headset Wish they would have included the Bose headset in the article.
I've wanted to try the Samsung HM7000, but so far am very happy with the Blueant.

duddy23b

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I also use the the Blueant Q2 it so far works flawlessly with my Epic 4G but I'm looking for one with either radio on it or one that plays the music on my phone.

noshooz

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Jabra Halo. Works great with stereo audio streams. Has a touch volume control slider on the earpiece. With phone calls, some people say I sound a bit distant and/or muffled if I don't speak up.

Reactions: duddy23b

gmtom1

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I use the Jawbone Era for everyday phone calls & listening to podcasts and the Jabra Sport Stereo headset for going to the gym, workouts, etc. The Jabra has an FM radio built in which is good. I've been very satisfied with both and the volume on both are more than sufficient for me to hear over the road noise etc.

Reactions: duddy23b

HeavemyTreo

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
On my 2nd Jawbone, had the original and now ERA. ERA has some great features, still not sure about the audio on the listener side. The 4 shake pairing is cool. Still use wired ear buds for music.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I don't care about listening to music through this thing, I just want a headset that's loud and clear enough for me to use when driving. The Plantronics I have now apparently doesn't sound good on the other persons end, and I can barely hear what they are saying while driving even with the volume all the way up.

Sideman7

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I have been a diehard Jawbone user for years, but the Era is an unreliable piece of junk. I have been through three of them, and it has finally been relegated to backup status. When the noise reduction works, its great, but sometimes it does nothing. Also, the "auto" volume control is more of a hindrance than a help (especially in the car)... I also have a Plantronics Voyager Pro + I use around the house, but the range is short and it doesn't get too loud...

My new go to headset is a Bose series 2. I am not a big Bose audio fan, but this headset is really impressive. Very comfortable to wear, range is great, and it gets plenty loud when needed (it also does a great job of adjusting the volume when needed). If I had to fault it for anything, the battery life could be better. The noise reduction is not as good as the Jawbone (when it works), but I have found voices are way more natural sounding on both ends despite being able to hear some background noise. I have tested it in my (noisy STi) car, and no background sounds come through there, but if you are walking around on noisy city streets you will hear background sounds... The demo videos on Bose's site are not a good representation of how it works. Their videos make it sound like it removes more noise than it does, but the voice sounds way more natural than their video portrays too... Maybe some adjustments have been made since those demos.

Oh, and its not cheap... But I am very happy with mine. Best bluetooth headset I have used hands down. Works great with the Epic 4G Touch.

BrezoGalaxy3

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I actually use a BlueParrott Truckers headset, it's a VXi Xpressway V1.2.

I love it, it has a over the head headset, behind the ears headset, and an earbud hanger as well. I actually have my headset turned way down or it blows my ears up and that's even with the window down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech