Hi Everyone,
    Been reading as an "outsider" for months but now have a legitimate problem so I finally joined on.

Just replaced my HTC EVO with the Galaxy S2 and installed two emails from comcast. When I get an email notice and then read it, ten to twenty minutes later I will get another alarm notifying me that I have another new email but its just the same old emails. I did not change any settings on my comcast account and I never had this problem with my old phone. Please respond with any suggestions. Have a great day!!
    02-24-2012 05:17 PM
    Hi Everyone,
    Been reading as an "outsider" for months but now have a legitimate problem so I finally joined on.

Just replaced my HTC EVO with the Galaxy S2 and installed two emails from comcast. When I get an email notice and then read it, ten to twenty minutes later I will get another alarm notifying me that I have another new email but its just the same old emails. I did not change any settings on my comcast account and I never had this problem with my old phone. Please respond with any suggestions. Have a great day!!
    If you are just using the email app make sure the gmail app's notifications are off.
    02-24-2012 06:36 PM
    Its been 20 minutes but so far no new alerts for new but already opened emails. I have to ask, how did you know about that? I have spent literally hours with Sprint and they never asked me about that setting.
    02-24-2012 08:58 PM
    Its been 20 minutes but so far no new alerts for new but already opened emails. I have to ask, how did you know about that? I have spent literally hours with Sprint and they never asked me about that setting.
    Lol same problem.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    02-24-2012 09:02 PM
    Lol same problem.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    I think that did it!!!! Thanks so much!! Have a great night.
    acadialover likes this.
    02-24-2012 09:31 PM
    What do you do if you use the Gmail app? I sometimes get blank emails from 1969, and sometimes, after deleting a ton of emails, I will get them all back a few hours later or the following day, sort of annoying!
    02-26-2012 11:23 AM
    What do you do if you use the Gmail app? I sometimes get blank emails from 1969, and sometimes, after deleting a ton of emails, I will get them all back a few hours later or the following day, sort of annoying!
    02-28-2012 10:29 AM
    I too get 1969 dated blank emails that can't be erased. Anyone know what to do?
    02-28-2012 10:31 AM
    Could you please share your email settings. I have the same phone and am having trouble setting up the email. It doesnt seem like anyone on here has consistant settings.
    04-29-2013 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD