want to do a factory reset..don't know what else to do?

latwne

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
The battery issue is still killing me. I've tried deleting certain apps..I've had brightness on the lowest setting possible..no live wallpapers. It's not rooted. Hardly ever play any games..dont listen to music..or watch videos. Don't use facebook. I don't do any of these things, simply because the battery dies with just a few texts and phone calls a day! It's not fair that I'm not able to get the most out of such a great phone. I don't know what else to do other than a factory reset. I've tried going to Sprint they do nothing of course. I've had the phone less than 2 months. Is there any way I can back up my contacts at least though? PLEASE HELP! I'm about to pay for a different phone..because this issue is driving me mad. Is there anything I should know before I do a factory reset? I don't want to make things worse than they already are!!

adammcgovern

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Have you checked to see how often certain things are syncing in the background.... email, facebook or twitter? Regardless, your contacts should be backed up with your google account.

adammcgovern

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Have you checked into your "accounts and sync" settings? For the most part I make sure that it is set to manual. Have you looked into apps that are designed to optimize battery? If not check out JuiceDefender, for example.

latwne

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
im pretty sure they are all off. i've heard juice defender and apps such as those don't do much good. i've gotten one that had good ratings..but it did nothing what so ever for me so i removed it :(

adammcgovern

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
They're good if you configure them properly. Some other ideas might be to avoid a task-killer (managing your apps and killing them with reckless abandon are 2 different things). I don't know if you've read into how the Android os works but doing so helps the user to optimize their phone a ton. Oh, before I forget, it helps a lot to avoid that fancy live wallpaper and also to minimize the use of widgets as well.

Samsmalls

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Wow that sounds painful, just a few calls & text should get you at least 8hrs. Has your battery always preformed this poorly? Suggestion before you reset the unit, if possible request a good used/new battery with the same 1800 rating at the sprint service/repair center. Those workers are usually nice, & will allow you to test your unit with an alternative battery. Positive here is that it shouldn't take long to notice the % decline, you may not even have to leave the store!

As far as contacts backup; phone dailer / contacts / once on the contacts tab screen, hit menu... This brings up options menu, / import-export. Then check your sd card for backups!

You can Also use" astro file manager" from the market it let's you back up apps also.

Hope this works for you, & if you have insurance worse case seek a replacement, could be defective...

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Also, pull out your battery to check that it is indeed a 1800 mAH battery. It seems at least some phones shipped recently with 1500 mAH batteries.

For you contacts, do you have any stored on your phone? Or are they all pulled from sync sources such as Google and Facebook? I would strongly suggest moving to an all Google contacts setup. It makes life with an Android device (and in general) so much easier to work with. If you need to make backups prior to a factory reset, these will help ...

My Backup: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.rerware.android.MyBackup&hl=en

if you just want to backup your SMS messages, I like this one:

https://market.android.com/details?id=mobi.infolife.smsbackup&hl=en

You may have an issue with a rogue App and/or Widget. You may want to refer to Milo's nice write up on battery life: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...d-tips-tricks-faqs-tutorials.html#post1274642

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae