03-02-2012 11:56 AM
38 12
tools
    I just checked me phone "Had it for abt 3 weeks" it has the 1800 mah in this one. That Mugen Slim 1950mah sounds like a great investment...I too am not to keen on having the back-door of me baby buldgy, LOL
    02-29-2012 08:39 AM
    Some of the hysteria and outrage in this thread is appalling. Mistakes happen and if 1500mAh got installed at the factory by accident, it's not evidence of a sinister plot by Sprint to screw you out of the proper battery. Do you think the clerks at the stores are switching in cheaper batteries or are even aware that the batteries may be too low in capacity. They're barely able to explain the features on the 50 models they're selling; how the heck can you expect them to know what the mAh rating should be? They open the box, pop whatever battery is in the box into the phone and if it fits, they power it up and provision it and send the customer on their way. "Battery fits. Turns on. Next please."
    I think you're missing the point Dirk. The angst here is not that the wrong battery came with the phone necessarily, although it is a rather insidious oversight, as it's not a problem that stares the owner in the face. Some people may see their battery once, when they first pop it into the phone, and never look at it again. The problem is with Sprint, or any authorized retailer, not taking a "the customer is always right" stance and swapping the battery without question. The fact the the OP would have been required to pay more money for the battery that should have come with the phone in the first place is the issue.
    02-29-2012 10:52 AM
    my battery says 1500mah also, but doesn't seem to be having any different life then anyone else *shrugs*

in other news...
    eh no surprise here, but sprint bent me over.
    I only got my upgrade since it was a customer retention issue, they stated that the early upgrade and activation fees would be fully waived, I was wrong, they won't fix it now...
    02-29-2012 11:18 AM
    UPDATE

I just received my Mugen 1950mah battery. Out of the box the battery has solved my problems with lag.
    I also rooted my phone last night and installed the Mugen app which calibrates your phone to the battery.
    I will do a review of it after a full day of use tomorrow and post the results in the reserved post #2 on friday.

I also picked up a neat little item to, but i will post that in the accessories section
    E_Cross likes this.
    02-29-2012 11:24 AM
    I'm curious to know if the "value" 9-11$ a piece 1950mah batteries are as good, I may order one, but having 3 spares seems laughable heh
    02-29-2012 11:39 AM
    Thats Crazy! If my stock battery wasn't in my car, I would def check it. I got one of those massive batteries from ebay, a 3600mah. To my surprise, it's awesome lol. I got 10.5 hours of CONSTANT use (Screen just about always on, browsing the web, downloading). I could only imagine how much time I would get if I used it like a normal person LOL.
    02-29-2012 01:21 PM
    I'm curious to know if the "value" 9-11$ a piece 1950mah batteries are as good, I may order one, but having 3 spares seems laughable heh
    my battery was'nt 9-11$, it was around $40. its comparable to a seidio, but seidio doesnt make a slim battery for this phone.
    02-29-2012 01:22 PM
    so i called sprint and they let me add insurance to my phone and i went back to the "authorized retailer" and they have ordered me a replacement OE 1800mah battery and should be here in a couple of days. though i will be using the mugen, its still nice to have the OE 1800mah since its what i paid for in the first place.
    02-29-2012 01:23 PM
    so i called sprint and they let me add insurance to my phone and i went back to the "authorized retailer" and they have ordered me a replacement OE 1800mah battery and should be here in a couple of days. though i will be using the mugen, its still nice to have the OE 1800mah since its what i paid for in the first place.
    That's good to hear jeff. Although it won't take too long for the monthly insurance premium to catch up with the battery price hehe. But Sprint insurance can have additional benefits of course. I pay for it, mostly so if I run into any issues, I can walk into a Sprint repair center and get it taken care of with no questions asked (usually).
    02-29-2012 02:28 PM
    my battery was'nt 9-11$, it was around $40. its comparable to a seidio, but seidio doesnt make a slim battery for this phone.
    I know your battery was not 9-11$, and I read the thread and saw it was "around $40,"
    I was just saying for comparison sakes, I've gone with "knock-off" batteries for my spares and I've had great luck with them. I saw that I could get two chichitech batteries for less then half of one Seido with my Evo4G and I was like hmmm even if the life is just slightly worse I still have two.

^^^ I read stuff
    03-01-2012 06:21 AM
    seems my problems are a little deeper than just a battery. going to have to get my phone replaced so i'll post my review of the mugen battery with the new phone when i get it.
    03-01-2012 04:42 PM
    i got it on ebay. its 1950mah slim battery so you dont have to replace the door. got it for $40.95 w/free shipping.
    I paid 54.99 for a 3200 mah at mobilecityonline.com. It does come with a bigger battery door but it really isn't too bad. In fact it feels alot better than before
    03-02-2012 02:15 AM
    Thats Crazy! If my stock battery wasn't in my car, I would def check it. I got one of those massive batteries from ebay, a 3600mah. To my surprise, it's awesome lol. I got 10.5 hours of CONSTANT use (Screen just about always on, browsing the web, downloading). I could only imagine how much time I would get if I used it like a normal person LOL.
    I got a 3800mAh battery from Ebay, its a ferocity mobile battery. After 3 days of using it i am not happy with it. I am going to give it a full week before i return it.
    I was wondering what brand your battery is?
    03-02-2012 11:56 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD