Since we are Sprint users here, would you go to the HTC One X?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Since we are all Sprint users in here...well, most of us, and since quite a few of us came from the Evo 4G or 3d to the Galaxy S2, how many of you would consider getting a HTC One X class phone on Sprint as was recently leaked instead of going for/waiting for the GS3?

I definitely want to upgrade, the biggest "issue" for me with the GS2 is the resolution, I want a 720p display, like the rest of us. AT&T is getting stuck with a S4 powered version of the HTC One X instead of a Tegra 3 due to LTE compatibility issues. Seeing how Tegra 3 chips are supposed to gain full LTE compatibility status soon, there is the possibility that Sprints version of the phone might have a Tegra 3 in it. If that were to be the case, and if Samsungs new Exynos won't support LTE (which I highly doubt, they better make it work), would you switch back to an HTC phone. The One X looks like a really nice device and Sense 4 looks pretty good as well!

Ah, the agonizing wait of the impatient upgrader.... will Sprint really get some sort of derivative of the HTC One X as that report claims? If so, what chipset will it get? Will Sprint get the GS3 and if so, will it really be as awesome as the BGR source leads us to believe, 1080p resolution and all? Will we get the Exynos version again (got lucky with the GS2 since there was no need for LTE compatibility) or will we have to settle for an S4?

I need a crystal ball!

Opinions?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Since we are Sprint users here, would you go to the HTC One X

Opinions?

My opinion is that you might need new things too often. :D

All kidding aside, this will be a wait and see for me. I will always be considering device options from both HTC and Samsung. HTC is due for a blockbuster though after a rather lackluster 2011, and I'm liking the sound of their focus on the camera (lol pun) and audio. I may upgrade in 2012, or I may not. I'd say a lot of it depends on the specs, how much the design tickles my innards, and how Sprint's LTE rollout is shaping up.

In the end, it's too early to have any real meaningful discussions, even though I just wrote a paragraph worth of discussion hah.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

The timing is odd with this whole LTE business. Qualcomm has it under control, Nvidia and Samsung are struggeling with it. I really hope we don't have to pass on the better processor just because of LTE, which, if I may note, I probably won't get for another 2 years. Up until now I don't have 4g in my area and with the bad data speeds around here it really sucks. I am jumping for joy when I get more than 1 Mbit here, I usually get closer to 0.2 to 0.5.

As you can tell, I don't care about upgrade eligibility, I just buy as soon when it comes out! Hopefully Sprint will give us some nice choices.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

All these leaks about the GS3 are driving me up the wall...I need facts....NOW! lol

DETERMINOLOGY

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

After seeing touchwiz on the epic touch i think ima hold off untill the GS3 comes out..Had the evo 4g and evo 3d and just wasnt as impressed as i am with the epic touch

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site

I came from the EVO 4G and the MoPho before I got the E4GT. I'm not 100% sure I would want to get another HTC device unless they greatly improved the battery life on their devices. On my EVO 4G, my battery would drain dramatically while on 4G but on the MoPho and the E4GT I get amazing battery life.

androidpirate

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm gonna wait it out till the end of my contract in 2013. The epic touch is a great phone and I don't expect to miss any of the features of the new generation of phones. Yes I'd have preferred a higher resolution display but I can live with wvga.

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site

before the Epic Touch, I had an Evo since launch day and it was a rock solid phone with no issues for me at all, that being said Id go back to an HTC if it offered the goods

cjones

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site

I had the Evo 4G since launch and loved it rooted and running CM, but now with my rooted E4GT and Culakin ROM I don't think I could go back to HTC. Their software feels so clunky when I use my wife's Evo3D and don't even get me started on how heavy their phones feel compared to the GSII series. No contest there.

If/When CM9 comes out for the E4GT I will be VERY happy and will stay happy for a long time. CM is so much better than any skin Samsung and HTC put out.

I do like the "newest, best, right there" phone but can fight that urge with updates from CM coming regularly to feed that hunger.

briandearing

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

All these leaks about the GS3 are driving me up the wall...I need facts....NOW! lol

I feel the same way. I can only make a decision once I see the hard specs. Both companies are capable of making awesome devices.

E_Cross

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

I am honestly bothered that the S2 won't get a 2ndary version or have LTE built in, the plans were in place a good while ago to be able to have it.

I honestly just think Sprint and samsung should try something radical for early adopters of the S2 and offer an early upgrade or buyback, that would make me pleased as punch, the 4G service in Atlanta is supposed to be one of the best and it's not to bad, but from the sounds of it buildings are the current 4Gs biggest problem area, I can walk outside certain buildings and have 100%, walk inside and there is little to no connection very fast. All the LTE test phones at work have not had that problem (we got some toys in the mobile app testing division from several carriers and one is sprint)

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

HTC needs to improve their displays and external audio before i will go back.
I went from an EVO 4G to an EPIC 4G. Better display and audio.
When the EVO 3D came out i got that. Better solid device but the audio on it was crap. I waited a solid month until after the Epic Touch came out and got one. I have not looked back.
I do keep my EVO 3D updated just in case i need a back up should something ever happen to my Touch. Everytime i power it on and make sure apps are updated and software i cringe at the lacking display and the horrible external audio. BUT i only notice this because i have it next to an Epic Touch.

If you didnt have the two to compare side by side, the 3D is still a great phone.

Im also in Dallas, TX one of the markets to get LTE first.
So if HTC happens to drop an LTE device first, and Samsung doesn't have a firm date on their next Device with LTE, then i will definitely give HTC a try. Im hoping they have improved the external audio.

rico college

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

If when the device hits Sprint and it comes with the 1.5 duel core hummingbird, then whats the point?

An I bet it still will not beat the processor we have now. It's sound like a nice phone, just not nice enough for me to jump.

I know somebody will bring a Tegra 3 with LTE and HD Display to Sprint at some point and that's what I want.

duddy23b

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site

Since getting the Samsung GS2 Epic 4G it has like a good wine ripen with age for me, the battery life at first sucked but I started using the the app battery doctor and that problem went away, along with closing Facebook, The Samsung takes beautiful pictures, its large screen has especially been easy on these ole eyes, its internal memeory of 16 GB plenty for me with an upgrade to 32 GB available Oh boy! randy dandy you here! Oh yeah speedy gonzales has nothing on this phone, one of the fastest phones out there. For me plenty to like, for now will stick with it.:cool:

MattN03

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

I just upgraded from the EVO 4G to the GS2. I would certainly consider another HTC phone, at least if they have improved battery life.

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
The one looks like a great device. I really love the camera specs, f/2 whats not to like. Of course my upgrades a year and a half away, in that time its not hard to imagine a phone with better specs will come along. I cant tell you what brand of phone my next one will be, much less what operating system it'll run (Who knows windows phone might actually become good)
For now the GSII excedes my performance needs so I dont anticipate suffering along until my next upgrade.