Need help with Trexcell Extended battery and replacment cover

kziegelmeyer

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
I got the Trexcell extended battery and back cover from Amazon and they work great. The only problem is I can't figure out how to take the replacement cover off. It fits so good on my Epic Touch that I can't get it to budge. Is there some kind of trick to getting it off there?

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I got the Trexcell extended battery and back cover from Amazon and they work great. The only problem is I can't figure out how to take the replacement cover off. It fits so good on my Epic Touch that I can't get it to budge. Is there some kind of trick to getting it off there?

I also run that battery, as well as two other different extended battery brands. They all use the same back plate, and I was frustrated as well trying to take off the back cover when I first started off. BUT!!!!!!! Here's the trick:

1) there's a notch in the top of the back plate up near the headphone port. Use your fingernail to pull on that plate, but just enough to unlock ONLY the top two tabs to the left and right of that notch. DO NOT CONTINUE TO PULL!!!

2) then, with your fingernail, run it along the back plate meeting points starting at the top where you have opened a bit of a gap already, and continue down around one side. It pops off no problem doing it this way.

If you try and pry the whole thing off from only the top, you'll prolly break the backplate.

Reactions: kziegelmeyer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21