Notification Light blink frequency

kilen71

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone found a way to increase the frequency of the Notification Light blink? I sure would like it if it would blink about twice as fast.

Thanks!!

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone found a way to increase the frequency of the Notification Light blink? I sure would like it if it would blink about twice as fast.

Thanks!!

I think this question has been asked a lot in these forums. I know I've seen it in multiple threads. I think the answer is no. I've also seen people asking if they can change the light's color based on the type of the notification. Again, no.

This would be a nice tweak though. I know the G-Nexus has that capability, but the color change is hindered because the full spectrum hardware isn't even in the E4GT, so I think you can only get red. But a custom ROM may be able to alter the frequency; if someone's done it, I haven't seen it out there to the public yet.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Apps that have options to change the color of the LED can change the blink frequency on the E4GT. One free App that will do this is called Lightflow. If you set the LED color to WHITE in Lightflow for a particular notification type (like SMS for example), the result will be a rapidly blinking Red LED light. Setting the color to anything but RED, will result in a slow, solid then one short blink Red light. I had never gotten any other colors to work though, although some people have reported getting a Magenta color by setting the color to Green in Handcent.

Just a heads up, but so far, the LED color for notifications in the ICS ROM is blue like the charging light. Still no options to adjust the color or blink frequency though.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
You guys say that the only notification color is red, but when I get messages through IMO, the blue led flashes instead.

IMO must be able run the blue color for its notifications. Does the app allow you to set different colors? If not, the app must send a color code that our phone is able to show as blue.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Sn1per 117

Flashaholic
Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
IMO must be able run the blue color for its notifications. Does the app allow you to set different colors? If not, the app must send a color code that our phone is able to show as blue.

I just checked the settings and there's only an option to turn the led notifications on or off, not to change colors.

Unibrow

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
like others have said light flow will allow you to change colors. Rapid red is white and you can get magenta if you change it to green AND change it to solid instead of flash. if you choose a flash rate other than solid with Green you will NOT get magenta.

Blue is available also but I think, if memory serves me correctly, you have to choose solid for that as well or maybe slow as the flash rate. Personally, I can't stand the high flash rate of my Evo. Maybe it's just me and being over sensitive but when the Evo would flash when the battery was low it made me rage. :cool: