Ok so my question is more of a rant at the same time i think. Little break down. At work my computer is slow as molasses and i use my phone a lot to watch youtube vids. When i open a youtube vid and select HD it takes forever to buffer / load. I will pause the video for it to catch up a little bit so i can play it with out stops. Well the screen ends up timing out and when i unlock and go back to youtube app it restarts the damn video and has to RELOAD all over again. Why does it not remember where the loading left off at? why does it restart back at the begining when the screen times out. The iphone never did this sort of thing. Screen could time out unlock app is first screen that is there when you unlock and video is still loading and ready to go.

This is another one of those dumb simple things the phone can not do lol
    03-09-2012 02:17 PM
    Youtube on Android is not coded to run in the background. Go to the Market (Play Store now) and download Screen Toggle Widget or something similar and kill the screen timeout while Youtube loads the video.....
    03-10-2012 12:28 AM
    But if you are on 4g, it should not buffer at all.
    03-10-2012 08:33 AM
    But if you are on 4g, it should not buffer at all.
    youtube videos buffer on pcs that have a faster connection than 4g so it is possible that they will buffer on 4g
    03-10-2012 02:42 PM
    Even on WIFI it does it. i tried to find a screen toggle widget with no luck in the market. SO basicly when then screen locks and your using youtube it just closes the program or stops loading and starts over when woken up again?

Another one of those simple tasks android fails at. Love this phone way more then my iphone because it does all the tehnical stuff with ease but the really easy things it stumbles with.
    03-12-2012 08:29 AM
    Even on WIFI it does it. i tried to find a screen toggle widget with no luck in the market. SO basicly when then screen locks and your using youtube it just closes the program or stops loading and starts over when woken up again?

Another one of those simple tasks android fails at. Love this phone way more then my iphone because it does all the tehnical stuff with ease but the really easy things it stumbles with.
    Search the Market (play store) for "Screen Timeout Widget" There are a few in there. Or use Widgetsoid to make a screen timeout kill switch, or use Quick Settings.....
    03-12-2012 05:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD