htc hero or epic touch ...need help deciding

stephanie85

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Anyone help me decide ....the Hero from htc looks and feels the part of a superior device while the epic touch feels somewhat plasticy ...the hero is ...well a hero please help me decide this I am so confused.

Edit : to make matters worse I also have an option of using a samsung instinct as well ....

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Most of us in this particular forum is going to be pretty biased, including me, but I'll give you my two cents.

The E4GT is a superior device to most, not all, but most and you wouldn't second guess your desicion after you have used it for a while. I can't honestly speak for the hero itself but HTC left me pulling my teeth out using the Evo3D inwhich I ultimatley traded in for the E4GT. To be honest, I couldn't be happier.

Yeah, the E4GT is a little slick to touch but a seidio active case remedied that problem real quick for me. As for the hero, I have never held one let alone even used it so my opinion is soley biased but from what I have heard....the hero lost it's powers and was banished to the island the iphone created....anywho...

Do me a favor though....through that instinct in the toilet and forget about it. I had the instinct 24 hours and I would have rather stuck a spork in my eye.....

You do know though that the Nexus 4G/LTE is coming to Sprint right? You might want to hold off till then....just a thought......Good Luck!

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
The HTC Hero isn't even in the same ball park. The Hero is an old phone, compared to the dual core processors and big app stoage partitions in the Sammy Epic Touch and Motorola Photon. And bigger internal storage and bigger screens.

I had the Hero on Sprint, no way I would go back to the Hero for a daily use phone....

mrcminnesota

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
First, I have had the HTC Hero and mine was good for the time. It is too old technology to go with now. DO NOT GO WITH THE INSTINCT. Now, I do have the E4GT and have minimal problems BUT there is something definitely inferior as to the radio and/or antenna as I do not feel the signal is as strong as it should be (especially if roaming). The display is brilliant, fast processor, and I like the gorilla glass.

I do not know why you are looking for a phone right now but I if you can, I would wait for an LTE phone and be very careful in your selection. At this time, I will not purchase a Samsung again until I know they have changed the radio/antenna hardware - just too many problems noted all over regarding this issue.

Good Luck :)

Unibrow

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
This has to be a troll post, who in their right mind would even ask a question like this. Can't see, in any way, how this could be a legitimate question.

michikade#AC

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
They have a used hero on sprint.com for $30 - so this really may not be a troll post.

That said, DO NOT go with the hero. It was a good phone, but it is really, really outdated. If you want an HTC phone go EVO - any of them, really, the whole line is newer.

The epic touch is much newer and by all accounts a fantastic phone. I don't have one, but a coworker does (upgrade from the evo 4g) and absolutely loves it.

Avoid the instinct. It isn't a smartphone and you really can't do much with it.

Sent from my 3VO using Tapatalk

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
They have a used hero on sprint.com for $30 - so this really may not be a troll post.

That said, DO NOT go with the hero. It was a good phone, but it is really, really outdated. If you want an HTC phone go EVO - any of them, really, the whole line is newer.

The epic touch is much newer and by all accounts a fantastic phone. I don't have one, but a coworker does (upgrade from the evo 4g) and absolutely loves it.

Avoid the instinct. It isn't a smartphone and you really can't do much with it.

Man you are so wrong!! There is so much you can still do with the instinct! Like make a phone call, use it as a paperweight, make a phone call, throw it at your significant other, plug it in and use it as a desk clock, make a phone call, kill ants with it......

See! Those are just a few examples of what the beloved instinct can do....

michikade#AC

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Man you are so wrong!! There is so much you can still do with the instinct! Like make a phone call, use it as a paperweight, make a phone call, throw it at your significant other, plug it in and use it as a desk clock, make a phone call, kill ants with it......

See! Those are just a few examples of what the beloved instinct can do....

My favorite application of the instinct is to use it as a doorstop.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol