OK, so my GPS is 30 miles off and I'm not sure why. If I enter Google maps it locates me no problem, but if I use foursquare, beautiful Widgets (weather location) ,Facebook or any other app that uses location it never knows where I am.

I've tried using GPS, GPS and just cell signal or even wifi. For instance both my xoom and epic are on wifi right now and testing the same apps my xoom shows the correct location and my galaxy has me 30 miles away.

Anyone know how I might be able to fix this?

Thanks.
    03-10-2012 02:59 PM
    OK, so my GPS is 30 miles off and I'm not sure why. If I enter Google maps it locates me no problem, but if I use foursquare, beautiful Widgets (weather location) ,Facebook or any other app that uses location it never knows where I am.

I've tried using GPS, GPS and just cell signal or even wifi. For instance both my xoom and epic are on wifi right now and testing the same apps my xoom shows the correct location and my galaxy has me 30 miles away.

Anyone know how I might be able to fix this?

Thanks.
    the search box is your friend http://forums.androidcentral.com/spr...-gps-work.html
    03-10-2012 03:33 PM
    Im guessing you also have EL29 update. If so it borked a lot of devices who use FourSquare. Mine included.
    What i did was revert back to EK02 since it was very stable.
    After a month i decided to go EL29 with FB27 modem and for me all seems to be working well.
    03-10-2012 04:48 PM
    Well same here. None of my weather widgets or apps displays my correct location anymore. Sometimes....I mean sometimes, it will pick it up and be correct for a few days then revert back to a location 30-40 miles away. Really annoying.
    03-11-2012 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD