I have rooted every smartphone I have ever had (except this one). Each time I have a, major rom up date comes out right after. I am thinking about rooting just to speed the release.
    03-13-2012 07:09 AM
    Do it :P I am currently on calks stock 4.0.3, and will be updating to his newer one with hotspots hack and other tweaks tonight. Ics takes a little getting used to, but even running one of calks gingerbread roms was much better (faster, more features) than stock.

Trust me its worth it. Just do your research!

edit: when you install ICS, it has the TWLauncher set as stock, if you want to use the actual ICS launcher, go into home switcher, remove defaults from twlauncher, and set the regular launcher as default. it works quite well i have found.

Sent from my Galaxy S II epic 4g touch. 4.0.3 FC05 ICS
    03-13-2012 09:27 AM
    Do it :P I am currently on calks stock 4.0.3, and will be updating to his newer one with hotspots hack and other tweaks tonight. Ics takes a little getting used to, but even running one of calks gingerbread roms was much better (faster, more features) than stock.

Trust me its worth it. Just do your research!

Sent from my Galaxy S II epic 4g touch. 4.0.3 FC05 ICS
    Do you think running calks ics rom is worth the hassle and the few bugs compared to the pretty perfect gb rom?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    03-13-2012 11:10 AM
    Do you think running calks ics rom is worth the hassle and the few bugs compared to the pretty perfect gb rom?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    gb has its problems too. there is no "perfect" solution, and i have had no problems with my ICS rom. the only thing i miss is cwm, but i also flashed a new rom whenever i found something i didnt like about the one i had.

if he is looking for a stock experience, but wants ICS, then calk's stock release is a very good option.

edit: i went back to GB today for the sole purpose of wifi tethering. it is a small ability, but i didn't realize how much i used it until it was gone. so i am running calk's 2.9.2 ROM on GB 2.3.6 with the EL29 modem. i figured it was the most stable setup, other than some GPS issues with the modem. i may try different modems, but i will stick with this for a while.
    03-13-2012 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD