Anyone know if the apk they have the galaxy nexus out would work on our magnificent phone. With the beautiful screen it seems almost an injustice we can't watch netflix in hd. And if the apk isn't compatible do you think its possible in the near future of a netflix hd release for our phone?
    03-14-2012 10:18 PM
    Doesn't Netflix automatically pump out the best quality for the bandwidth you have?

I hookup my phone to my 1080P TV via a HDMI cable. From what I understand, you can play 1080 videos out the HDMI port from your phone.

I do it all the time.

It just depends on the bandwidth you have.

Rob

Rob sent this from his SPH-D710 via Tapatalk
    03-14-2012 10:27 PM
    Doesn't Netflix automatically pump out the best quality for the bandwidth you have?

I hookup my phone to my 1080P TV via a HDMI cable. From what I understand, you can play 1080 videos out the HDMI port from your phone.

I do it all the time.

It just depends on the bandwidth you have.

Rob

Thanks for your reply. I've heard that too from other people and it seems whenever I'm on wifi or network it's the standard definition. I've even played the same exact show on my hd laptop and my phone at the same time on the same network and they're worlds apart? Is it just my phone. Sorry if i come off as arguementative
    03-14-2012 10:45 PM
    Thanks for your reply. I've heard that too from other people and it seems whenever I'm on wifi or network it's the standard definition. I've even played the same exact show on my hd laptop and my phone at the same time on the same network and they're worlds apart? Is it just my phone. Sorry if i come off as arguementative
    First , your not coming off sd argumentative to me.

But you might be right.

I would have to check on my TV. Because doesn't Netflix say its playing in ' HD' on your TV.

I also think it might be because the cellular companies don't want you to hog the resources.

But looks real nice on my phone.

Oh, just thought of something that someone else might confirm.

The Samsung Galaxy doesn't real have a high enough screen resolution.

The new Samsung Nexus, does have the higher screen resolution.

But you can play 1080 video from the HDMI port from what the camera can record.

So you might be right.

Rob

03-14-2012 11:02 PM
    I just ended up searching and I found a site with TWO different .apk's. I tried the first one and the quality was good enough for me!

HD 1080p Netflix App Surface At XDA-Developers, Looks Awesome On The M12
    03-15-2012 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD