i used to have ann iphone and i used to jailbreak it but now i was introduced to android and i love the freedom you have with this phone (epic 4g touch)!!!!
    i want to upgrade it to fc18 ics but im wondering if is worth it and if is a rooted version, i know rooting is awesome but i really don't want to root it, do you guys now amy unrooted way to update to ics on my epic 4g touch?
    03-27-2012 10:30 PM
    The Odin one click sfhub puts out are rooted, but he also provides an unrooted ROM as a separate download that you flash in Odin. I believe you'd also need to flash the kernel and modem separately add well though. His one click packages are easier to use for the novice flasher, so I really would recommend using them if you want to try ICS, as there's really no downside to your phone being rooted.

The latest is FC22 by the way.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    03-28-2012 12:01 AM
    Here is the link for Sfhub's One Click Odin with full restore and rooted for FC22
    [ODIN][TAR] SPH-D710.FC22_CL287574 (FC22 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Full Restore - Rooted) - xda-developers
    I just did it yesterday. I was always afraid to flash this phone but this was super easy. So far really liking ICS.
    mfsanso likes this.
    03-28-2012 08:13 AM
    if you do the simple root, can you still install other roms?
    03-30-2012 11:16 AM
    No, you would first have to flash CWM Recovery to be able to flash other ROMS
    03-30-2012 01:55 PM
    I'm running the unrooted quick flash FC22 and love it. I'm seeing awesome battery life, and 99% of the issues that existed in the other versions have been addressed. I think the official OTA update is near.
    03-30-2012 01:59 PM
    The Odin one click sfhub puts out are rooted, but he also provides an unrooted ROM as a separate download that you flash in Odin. I believe you'd also need to flash the kernel and modem separately add well though. His one click packages are easier to use for the novice flasher, so I really would recommend using them if you want to try ICS, as there's really no downside to your phone being rooted.

The latest is FC22 by the way.
    What you suggested will work, but the easiest way to have an unrooted system is to flash the pre-rooted ODIN OneClick and the afterwards use Option B (unroot) in the Auto Root package to unroot.

Another option is to flash the pre-rooted ODIN OneClick, then just flash the Stock ROM individual component only.

Flashing all three individual components, modem, kernel, and ROM is usually reserved for Heimdall users, but will also work.
    03-30-2012 05:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD