What's up with this smart device manager update?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Do we really have to install that? Did everyone else get it too? Even came with a warning and some odd setup procedure after downloading it. I don't think it's anything I want or need on my phone but it seems hidden and there's no way to uninstall the original program. Should I just say screw it and do the update?

This android central forums app is great by the way!

Sn1per 117

Flashaholic
Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I got it too and haven't updated it. The only way to get rid of it would be to root and manually uninstall it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Just read an article on it, guess the only thing to keep it from sucking up resources is to go to running applications and stop it there. Bit of a pain because after the next reboot it will be right back. :-(

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Do we really have to install that? Did everyone else get it too? Even came with a warning and some odd setup procedure after downloading it. I don't think it's anything I want or need on my phone but it seems hidden and there's no way to uninstall the original program. Should I just say screw it and do the update?

This android central forums app is great by the way!

If you have kids with cell phones, and drive cars, I guess you need this app. You need to use this app with Sprint Drive.

I didn't install the Device Manager update. ...

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
If you have kids with cell phones, and drive cars, I guess you need this app. You need to use this app with Sprint Drive.

I didn't install the Device Manager update. ...

I didn't want to either but I didn't want it nagging me for the update, so I installed it and turned it off in running services.