Do we really have to install that? Did everyone else get it too? Even came with a warning and some odd setup procedure after downloading it. I don't think it's anything I want or need on my phone but it seems hidden and there's no way to uninstall the original program. Should I just say screw it and do the update?

This android central forums app is great by the way!
    03-28-2012 08:13 AM
    I got it too and haven't updated it. The only way to get rid of it would be to root and manually uninstall it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    03-28-2012 08:44 AM
    Just read an article on it, guess the only thing to keep it from sucking up resources is to go to running applications and stop it there. Bit of a pain because after the next reboot it will be right back. :-(
    03-28-2012 08:56 AM
    Do we really have to install that? Did everyone else get it too? Even came with a warning and some odd setup procedure after downloading it. I don't think it's anything I want or need on my phone but it seems hidden and there's no way to uninstall the original program. Should I just say screw it and do the update?

This android central forums app is great by the way!
    If you have kids with cell phones, and drive cars, I guess you need this app. You need to use this app with Sprint Drive.

I didn't install the Device Manager update. ...
    03-28-2012 09:30 AM
    If you have kids with cell phones, and drive cars, I guess you need this app. You need to use this app with Sprint Drive.

I didn't install the Device Manager update. ...
    I didn't want to either but I didn't want it nagging me for the update, so I installed it and turned it off in running services.
    03-28-2012 11:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD