Please help!!!!!

mdrew4442

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
So i recently Rooted my Samsung Epic 4g Touch using the XDA developers instructions and it went thru perfectly... i also put CWM on my phone too. Everything went thru smoothly. Also i put Cynogenmod 7.2 on my Epic 4g touch this morning and it went through beautifully. Me being the idiot that i am tried to do the overclocking process after installing cynogenmod 7.2. I followd the YOUTUBE videos posted by Zedomax but i didnt even think about the fact that i had a different MOD on their. My phone will not let me go back into clockworkmod to recover my backup on the phone, it just stays in #manual Mode# with three options.
1) Reboot system now
2)Apply Update from SDcard
3)wipe data/factory reset
Wipe Cache Partition

Also it will not go past the sprint/4g page it will continuously cycle that same page

I have tried to use odin to put the stock .tar back onto the phone and it says it was successful but it just wont get past that screen. Also iv used another phone to download the Cynogenmod 7.2 and tried to reinstall it but to no avail. is there anything i can do or am i outta luck?:'(

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
So i recently Rooted my Samsung Epic 4g Touch using the XDA developers instructions and it went thru perfectly... i also put CWM on my phone too. Everything went thru smoothly. Also i put Cynogenmod 7.2 on my Epic 4g touch this morning and it went through beautifully. Me being the idiot that i am tried to do the overclocking process after installing cynogenmod 7.2. I followd the YOUTUBE videos posted by Zedomax but i didnt even think about the fact that i had a different MOD on their. My phone will not let me go back into clockworkmod to recover my backup on the phone, it just stays in #manual Mode# with three options.
1) Reboot system now
2)Apply Update from SDcard
3)wipe data/factory reset
Wipe Cache Partition

Also it will not go past the sprint/4g page it will continuously cycle that same page

I have tried to use odin to put the stock .tar back onto the phone and it says it was successful but it just wont get past that screen. Also iv used another phone to download the Cynogenmod 7.2 and tried to reinstall it but to no avail. is there anything i can do or am i outta luck?:'(

Those recovery options tell me you don't in fact have CWM recovery on your phone. Those are the stock recovery options. You likely overwrote your kernel when you flashed CM7 with one that comes with stock recovery. CWM is packaged into the kernel, so if you flash a kernel that is not also packaged with it, you will lose it.

Boot your phone into Download Mode (Vol Down + Power) and use this to Odin back to EL29 and start over. http://forums.androidcentral.com/ep...11-root-e4gt-latest-method-el29-firmware.html

Reactions: mdrew4442

mdrew4442

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Thank you very much i did try this however it and it said in odin that it was successful but when i reboot my phone it still does not get past the sprint/4g Screen at all i dont know what to do

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Are you giving it enough time? The first boot after a new flash can take a few minutes.

You may also try wiping your caches again from recovery, and/or pull the battery for a minute then replace and reboot.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

mdrew4442

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
yes sir i gave it over a half an hour . it just continuously cycles on that 4g animation page and wont load past that. im pretty sure i fried the bastard because no one seems to have a fix lol

mike104393

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
yes sir i gave it over a half an hour . it just continuously cycles on that 4g animation page and wont load past that. im pretty sure i fried the bastard because no one seems to have a fix lol

I also ran into this problem and just reverted back to the stock with odin. Check out my original issue and maybe it might help you out.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ep...ms-hacks/160772-bootloop-help-not-rooted.html

Lastly, have you tried to remove your SD card, then Odin? I've heard numerous amount of time that the SD card can be the culprit that is causing your bootloop as well. Hope that helps. Your device doesn't seem like a hard brink being that your computer can still recognize the phone and you are still able to get into download mode. Seem like a program or something in your device/rom that is causing a bootloop. Don't lose hope, I'm sure someone in this forum will resolve your issue.

Mike

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Well, given that you said Odin completed successfully, and your getting the boot animation, I still think its a software problem not hardware. You're using the full system restore one click package, not the No Data wipe package right?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan