For the past 24 hours i haven't been able to receive calls or texts an i also cant call out.....come to find out my manager fired me because i work by appointment an she thought i wasn't picking up the phone...im pissssssssssssssd to pisssssssssddddddd im in atlanta by the way
    03-30-2012 03:11 PM
    Shouldn't rely on a rooted phone
    03-30-2012 04:24 PM
    So many other ways to contact work if it is that important. I'm thinking if they fired you that easily then they were looking for an excuse. Blaming a carrier for getting fired,, that is definitely a new one. Because there is no other way to contact work, not even someone else's phone. Where there is a will there is always a way.

Galaxy tab 10.1
    03-30-2012 04:40 PM
    If my job relied on my phone service, I would NEVER consider Sprint. I would stick to Verizon, and even then, I'd be careful and have a backup.
    03-30-2012 04:44 PM
    I hate to say it but I feel your pain. I didn't lose a job but I didn't get a job because of the "Loss of Signal" bug when this phone came out. Missed the call offering the job, position need to be filled asap, went to the next guy who answered his phone. Honestly though, that seems to be a knee jerk reaction by your employer, surely they can't fire for one instance.
    03-30-2012 05:20 PM
    For the past 24 hours i haven't been able to receive calls or texts an i also cant call out.....come to find out my manager fired me because i work by appointment an she thought i wasn't picking up the phone...im pissssssssssssssd to pisssssssssddddddd im in atlanta by the way
    extremely rare to not be able to get calls or texts. I mean calls sure or texts sure but both at same time?? Were you in a fall out shelter? A place where you usually dont get good reception? I think some foresight might have avoided this sad result.

Your phone may be drastically defective which would be very odd.

Even if you're rooted the calls/texts will come thru sporadically.

Something missing here.
    03-30-2012 05:40 PM
    If my job relied on my phone service, I would NEVER consider Sprint. I would stick to Verizon, and even then, I'd be careful and have a backup.
    I use my sprint phone for business. Its my only phone at home. Few if any major problems. The few dropped calls Ive had im not even sure it was my end.
    03-30-2012 05:41 PM
    If you provide your Company with a detailed account since all cell providers show dropped, loss of service in order to get credit, showing loss of coverage maybe they will reconsider since it will show it was loss of coverage and not you simply refusing to answer calls
    03-31-2012 07:12 AM
    I have been using Sprint since the late 90's in the Boston, Providence markets and have never had a problem great 4G service better than 20 meg. download at times. Never have signal loss or any problems and love this phone also never any problems throughout all the updates. I am very satisfied.
    03-31-2012 09:25 AM
    I hate to say it but I feel your pain. I didn't lose a job but I didn't get a job because of the "Loss of Signal" bug when this phone came out. Missed the call offering the job, position need to be filled asap, went to the next guy who answered his phone. Honestly though, that seems to be a knee jerk reaction by your employer, surely they can't fire for one instance.

So they call you and if you don't answer that is it? Because every job that I have been unable to answer the original call, they leave a message. They couldn't want you that bad if they didn't even leave a message.

Also if you have a work by appointment job, and rely on one way to be contacted, you are doing it wrong. I know even though my cellphone is my only way to contact me directly, I have 2 or 3 backups in order to make sure I get important messages.
    03-31-2012 09:53 AM
    Why not use your google voice number. Send/receive Calls from gmail, vm and text in the app or your email. Its what allowed me to ditch the landline.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    03-31-2012 07:42 PM
    I know how you feel I'm in Atlanta too, visiting my girl and my phone has been receiving delayed messages. When I say delayed I mean 24+ hours delay. I haven't gotten any problems with call, though.
    03-31-2012 09:33 PM
    this is why I paid 400 to cancel T-Mobile and switched to Verizon. Costs 40 more a month but I have coverage everywhere in pa. Better than at&t, sprint, and T-Mobile combined. I have slow 3g(300 kbps maybe 600 if im lucky) when at&t has nothing. T-Mobile and sprint are worthless in these areas as well. The extra fee is worth price if mind knowing I'll get calls when I need them. That's why I buy service from a carrier that Can deliver service nearly 100% of the places I'm at.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    03-31-2012 09:56 PM
    Gee, I've been on Sprint for 6+ years and average less than 10 drops a calendar year, and maybe as many missed calls that didn't go thru, usually because I'm in places no one gets a cell signal. And I am a commercial interstate driver.
    03-31-2012 11:17 PM
    Gee, I've been on Sprint for 6+ years and average less than 10 drops a calendar year, and maybe as many missed calls that didn't go thru, usually because I'm in places no one gets a cell signal. And I am a commercial interstate driver.
    Interstates are one thing. The secondary roads and townships are a different story. Where I live, I76, I78, I81, I83, I80, I180, I476, I380 and so on get coverage on any carrier. Try to get sprint or T-Mobile service on us 209, or pa901, pa 54, pa 895 pa 325, pa 61, pa147 or pa 654. Up north Only Verizon has the most coverage as far as data goes. They have 3G all through central PA where AT&T has spotty voice and data. Along with spotty 3G. AT&T has egde at best. Sprints piggybacks off of Verizon, and T-Mobile piggybacks off if at&t. So they only get coverage if vzw and at&t let them. I should add that the final straw with T-Mobile was not getting any service on us 30 west of Chambersburg Pa. And very very spotty coverage between cburg and Gettysburg.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    04-01-2012 12:33 AM
    Get Google Voice.
    04-01-2012 04:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD