Many articles keep mentioning the sgs2 getting ics:

Samsung's Galaxy Note Will Get Android 4.0 in Q2, Along With New Apps | PCWorld

"last week" sgs2 was getting ICS but I have heard of no one stateside getting ics.

Uk people can do a 'trick' and boot up kies and it will auto dl ics.

US people I think are blocked. (could just be rooted phones)

Try it. Download kies. Get it to connect to your phone. Generally start kies with phone not plugged to usb. Once kies is up and running plug in phone and it will find it. On the main page is a section for updating phone software. If your blocked it will say not available or something to that effect.

Other than that post here if you have gotten ics and what state you are in.

We can track where it is being pushed. live long and prosper.
    03-30-2012 05:36 PM
    The source code isnt final for ics on the SPH-D710. You can plug in you phone and hope all you want. It won't make it a reality. Samsumg will not release until fully tested.
    fofjjsr likes this.
    03-30-2012 05:39 PM
    The source code isnt final for ics on the SPH-D710. You can plug in you phone and hope all you want. It won't make it a reality. Samsumg will not release until fully tested.
    Not true. Ive read that some without it have been able to use that work around.

How do you know the source code isnt final?

Moreover anyone that does get the ics update please post. As at some point, yesterday, today, tomorrow someone will get the update and it would be great to hear where and what they have observed. (oddly while flashing I rebooted and got a 'Android updating' screen for a few minutes odd)
    03-30-2012 06:36 PM
    Not true. Ive read that some without it have been able to use that work around.

How do you know the source code isnt final?

Moreover anyone that does get the ics update please post. As at some point, yesterday, today, tomorrow someone will get the update and it would be great to hear where and what they have observed. (oddly while flashing I rebooted and got a 'Android updating' screen for a few minutes odd)
    No, do not do this you run a very high risk of BRICKING your phone. There is not official ICS release for the Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4g Touch. Anything you have read is in regards to the International Samsung Galaxy S II. Do not do this.
    fofjjsr likes this.
    03-30-2012 06:51 PM
    So is this a troll post? Or just someone giving out bad information?

Edit: I knew this was bogus as soon as there was no mention of the OP doing it himself, or getting the update himself.
    03-31-2012 09:45 AM
    its a troll post. i have ics on my et4g but it wasnt a release from sprint.
    fofjjsr likes this.
    03-31-2012 11:10 AM
    The international GSII and the Sprint version are completely different phones, so there is nothing to work around - you cannot use its update. I'm going to close this thread, and a new one can be started when actual reports of official ICS for the E4GT start rolling in.
    03-31-2012 11:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD