Best way to wipe and rebuild

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
My phone never keeps its defaults. Whenever it gets turned off and back on, it will ask me for any default choice. It also resets any volume settings and some others things. So I want to wipe it and rebuild it. Is there any way to make the rebuilding process not so pain staking as far as reloading the apps?

eq0120

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
you can download an app from the market like Titanium back-up or myback-up pro, and you can batch back up all of your apps, and re-install them after you have wiped your phone. very simple to do..
good luck

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
My phone never keeps its defaults. Whenever it gets turned off and back on, it will ask me for any default choice. It also resets any volume settings and some others things. So I want to wipe it and rebuild it. Is there any way to make the rebuilding process not so pain staking as far as reloading the apps?

First, need a little more info from ya m8 so we can better help you. Things like are you rooted, if so what rom your running and what do you mean by "any default choice"???

It could be a app and or its save data that's causing your problem. Doing a factory reset and just reinstalling a backup of you apps/data may not solve your issues.

If your running stock and unrooted try this:

Your best bet to help solving your problem is to do a factory reset and start installing your Apps and data in chunks. By chunks I mean... Start off installing your must have Apps... Then setup some or all of your "default choices" and restart your device. See if your settings stick, if they do start installing a few more apps/data and restart your device again. Keep doing this till either you have all of your apps/data reinstalled. Doing it this way will let you see if your issue is being caused by an app or some corrupted saved data.

If your rooted try this:

If you are rooted doing the above can still possibly solve your problem. It could also be something to do with the rom or a mod or theme you flashed. Do a Nandroid backup first(should go with out saying), flash a "format all" zip of your choice, reflash your rom and reinstall your mods and themes one at a time, and see if your issues still persist.

Sent from my Galaxy10.1 TouchWiz/ADWex equipped Starship.