hello
    I searched for similar threads but I did not see any.

Occasionally, I see my read gmail messages from today and previous days appear as unread.
    A refresh usually resolves it, but I wonder if this is happening to anyone else. And possibly why.

thanks
    04-07-2012 08:26 AM
    I suppose your phone is having sync issues. You could factory reset your phone and that should resolve the issue or just re-install gmail.
    04-07-2012 08:33 AM
    1. how do u reset? does that wipe out settings and apps installed?

2. how do u reinstall gmail?

the behavior i described usually happens in the stock email app, not the gmail one.
    04-07-2012 08:51 AM
    1. how do u reset? does that wipe out settings and apps installed?

2. how do u reinstall gmail?

the behavior i described usually happens in the stock email app, not the gmail one.
    A factory reset should fix the issue. A factory reset will also result in deletion of all content on your phone except your sd card. Of course, you can back up most of your data/apps/setting via a 3rd party app called Titanium Backup.

Another way would be for you to just clear the cache/data for your stock email app. You can easily delete the gmail application and reinstall it without losing any emails associated with your gmail account.
    nabril1569 likes this.
    04-07-2012 02:55 PM
    You can easily delete the gmail application and reinstall it without losing any emails associated with your gmail account.
    how do you do this? I looked in the apps settings, and I dont have the option to uninstall; only force stop.

Do I need to be rooted?
    04-07-2012 03:49 PM
    how do you do this? I looked in the apps settings, and I dont have the option to uninstall; only force stop.

Do I need to be rooted?
    Yes you would need to be rooted to delete the Gmail app since it's a system App. Did you try clearing data on the Gmail app? The button is right there where you were in the app settings. You may also want to hit the clear cache button while you're there as well.

Gmail has worked flawlessly for me in the 7 months (almost) I've owned this phone, so I've never had to do any troubleshooting on it. Let us know if clearing data and cache helps.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    nabril1569 likes this.
    04-08-2012 09:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD