Loved my Samsung Epic 4G but hated Sprint coverage...I left!!

kpazzo6

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I have been with Sprint for 6+ years and have never experienced constant dropped calls, echoing while talking to someone, text messages sent not received/delayed, test messages to me not received/delayed, 1998 dial up speeds while surfing the net on my samsung epic touch 4g, no 4g service at all or very spotty...the last straw was the runaround from sprint customer service. no answers, playing stupid that they dont know whats going on and asking us to restart phone, go to a tech center so they don't have to deal with you over the phone, the constant excuses and lies.

I just recently switched to Verizon and it was the best move ever. I pay more money monthly but you get what you pay for and in this case RELIABLE service and TRUE 4G SPEED! Also the company you work for might get you a monthly discount so make sure you ask, I get 20% off which helped.

My new phone Motorola Razr Maxx pretty much is same size as Samsung Epic Touch 4G but with more features and an awesome battery life...I take my phone off charger at 730am and it lasts till midnight with HEAVY usage and not once charging it at office or in car.

Last edited:

Alex198908

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I believe a lot of people are headed down that road. Sprint's coverage is very spotty for me lately. It was just decent back when I had the Evo.

hawaiijedi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I agree with you I'm gonna try and flash a rom and root my epic 4g and if it doesn't help things I'm gone

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I am having some issues with sprint as well. For the last month my tower has been down which gives me no signal at home, no 3g and 1 bar of roaming. I am trying to be patient because of network vision and the 4g lte rollout but I am getting frustrated. If I could get an unlimited data plan with vzw, I probably would roll.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I am having some issues with sprint as well. For the last month my tower has been down which gives me no signal at home, no 3g and 1 bar of roaming. I am trying to be patient because of network vision and the 4g lte rollout but I am getting frustrated. If I could get an unlimited data plan with vzw, I probably would roll.

If you can confirm with sprint that the tower serving your area is down, I am sure they would do something for you like provide an airave so you can use your home Internet connection as a sprint tower in your own house. Give them a call and see what they have to offer.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Called sprint, tower confirmed down for about a month. They are sending me an airwave today. I will check out the airwave thread for set up.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Called sprint, tower confirmed down for about a month. They are sending me an airwave today. I will check out the airwave thread for set up.

Nothing really to set up. Pretty much does it itself. I got one myself.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

schnoid

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
How well does it work?

Same thing happened to me. Tower in my area went down during the last power outage out here in SoCal and never came back up. They sent me an Airave immediately. Like fofjjsr said, there's basically no setup. Just plug it into your router and you're pretty much done. Works great. U basically have perfect service in your house 24/7 as long as your internet connection doesn't go down. Only thing you have to remember is that data doesn't work through the airave, so make sure wifi is on when you're in your house. I gotta give sprint props for doing what they can to solve these "in house" issues.

MrszBerry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting good coverage. Yesterday I got 8Mps. I was in shock. Im sticking to the E4GT. I love this phone. Especially coming from an iPhone 4s with .05Mps speeds. No regrets here.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I find it very odd that towers are down all over the country. I go to NY and call about the crappie service and the response I get is that a tower is down. I go back to Mass. And complain about the service and am told that a tower was down and service was restored yet the signal still was terrible. I honestly think they tell everyone that towers are down so that you'll hang on and hopefully they will upgrade at somepoint and your service will be better.

Samsmalls

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Same thing happened to me. Tower in my area went down during the last power outage out here in SoCal and never came back up. They sent me an Airave immediately. Like fofjjsr said, there's basically no setup. Just plug it into your router and you're pretty much done. Works great. U basically have perfect service in your house 24/7 as long as your internet connection doesn't go down. Only thing you have to remember is that data doesn't work through the airave, so make sure wifi is on when you're in your house. I gotta give sprint props for doing what they can to solve these "in house" issues.

They say data doesn't work thru airwave, somethings not completely true with that. If the power goes out, or the internet... Just put the phone down! 56k - 150k seriously unusable, however with that airwave box you can actually surf about 1.3 - 1.6MBps & it consumes low wattage also so I just leave plugged in.

tony404

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
My wife has ATT and Im with sprint. Im been with sprint for about 5 months.I find sprint is better than att, are there dead places yes but I find less than when I was with att.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site

Airave was a breeze to set up, just plug in and set up on it's own. As far as the data thing, the rep told me that they sent me out a newer model which took care of voice and data. I didn't even check to verify if that was true or not. Either way, I'm satisfied. Finally I can use my phone again in the house until tower gets restored. Thank you sprint :D

w9awx

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Sprint's customer service has kept me with them. They've answered all my questions honestly as they can. Even helped me get my upgrade before my contract was up due to phone issues. They ordered me an airwave free because if our ongoing cell service issue. Ever since, no call or data quality issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair