System Update Help!

dev2nsu

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys and gals for some reason I keep getting a notification that I have a system update but every time I select to download I receive an error message. (script aborted no error message E:error in/cache/182a027d4f63.SPH D710) View attachment 23454I took a picture of it below. Don't laugh but I am still on version EG 30! Somebody please help me out because I cannot figure out how to receive the push updates and I had my phone still stock.
446b9c29-09e7-568a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Are you rooted? It looks like you have a custom recovery, if that is the case then you can't install an OTA update. You must either return to complete stock or you can manually update.

dev2nsu

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
No I'm not rooted. I haven't changed anything to my phone since I purchased it stock. Maybe I should just take it to the sprint store

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
All I can suggest is to shut down, then boot into stock recovery by holding down Vol Up and Power at the same time, and select wipe cache. Then reboot and check for firmware updates. I believe this will download the update again for a fresh reinstall.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
No I'm not rooted. I haven't changed anything to my phone since I purchased it stock. Maybe I should just take it to the sprint store

Can you take a picture of the whole screen the same way you did the first time? Where did you buy the phone? The only reason I say that is because the blue that shows in that picture plus the options do not look like the stock recovery.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

dev2nsu

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Update...... Went to the sprint store and they were able to flash my phone and get me workin yayyyyyyyyyyy thanks for the help guys!

Reactions: dtm_stretch

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc