Are These the First Photos of the Samsung Galaxy SIII?

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
That's probably an international version. The ones for the US carriers will most likely look different than this and then look different from each other. Can only speculate at this moment though. Besides, they can poop between two pieces of gorrila glass and it will still look better (more professional) than the new HTC Evo 4G LTE. That 3 tone hunk of phone makes me throw up in my mouth a little.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
While I was concerned when reading all about this "incremental" update business, it still doesn't make much sense to me. What does make sense are the following things:

1. Incredible secrecy. If it was just an incremental update, why the huge secrecy? Would they hide that it just sucks and is just a minor update? Samsung doesn't have the fan following that Apple has where they can sell incremental updates every other year and the fruit deciphels will still come in droves to buy the same thing as they already have in their pocket, with really rather minor updates.

2. Olympics/Launch Event in London. Being the major sponsor that they are, Samsung is not going to embarrass themselves by trying to pass off a slightly warmed over version of the S2 as the "official phone of the Olympics". Why use such a huge media platform, watched by hundreds of millions of potential customers to show off the phone that is NOT what everyone wanted it to be.

3. Momentum. The Galaxy S was head and shoulders above the competition when it was first launched, the S2, well, we all know how well that did, why stop now and do the iPhone 3GS/4S thing that Apple likes to do?

4. Timeline. Everything seems to fit together. They want to do a global launch (most likely because of the major Olympic Sponsorship) and a big splash of a press event that focuses on just their product, not just an also ran at a major trade show like Mobile World Congress and CTIA which is why they picked May to introduce the phone...funny how they picked May 3. As far as it being more of the phone that we want and not just the incremental update and the timeline go, well, Samsung did say that the more advanced A15 based 5250 dual core will have ramped up production by the 2nd quarter of the year, well, we're in the second quarter, so no reason why they couldn't include that chip, especially since they had running hardware months ago. Meizu is the first manufacturer with a Exynos quad core chip....do you really think Samsung would sell them that chip if it was going to install it into the GS3? And if they did have plans to put it into the GS3, would they let Meizu, a rather small company, have dibs on being the first to use it?

Maybe I am just drinking the "hopeful Koolaid" but these are my thoughts on it. The pictures in that article somehow back up the "hardware in the generic box camoflague" story we've been hearing about, so, seing that is good news. That obviously is not the finished phone, after all, there are rumors of blue and black and a white version of the phone (as indicated in the press event with the blue and white blobs).

As far as the Evo 4G LTE goes, I don't mind the look of it at all. As usual, Sprint went out of their way to differentiate their product from the other carriers and I think that's a good thing. I, too, am not a fan of the fingerprint magnet at the back top half of the phone, but I do like the rest of it. Unlike AT&T and T-Mobile, Sprint puts some thoughts into their phones and don't just take the generic product.

Is it May 3rd yet?

Last edited:

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Manny,

I agree with everything you said. Even your comment about the new Evo. I forgive you. Naw, seriously though that's the only thing that makes it look weird is the top half and the red stands out WAY to much. I agree Sprint tries to differentiate itself and there's no problem with that but seriously, it just doesn't look professional. The One X looks pretty good but the One S on TMo looks weird to me. But I guess if you don't like the colors, don't buy it right??

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol