Hi I just activated my epic 4g yesterday and I'm getting used to it. One of the things I miss from my Blackberry is setting led notifications... like one when an SMS comes in. Another for an email... etc.

Anyone know any apps that will do this for me?
    04-18-2012 04:11 PM
    The LED on this phone has two colors (well three actually). Red and Blue, with the third being Magenta (a combination of the two) which is a bit hard to get to work. There are no settings on the phone to control the LED.

There is an App called Lightflow where you can control the LED for certain notification types, but when I tried it months ago, I found that it didn't function very well with this phone. It may have been updated since then though, so you may want to give it a shot and play with the different color settings.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ightflow&hl=en
    04-18-2012 04:18 PM
    I tried that app earlier and it didn't work for me. I rlly just want an app or setting that will make my red or blue led blink when I get a txt or email etc.

Cmon there's gotta be something out there for such a simple request lol.

Thanks
    04-18-2012 04:24 PM
    it should blink already, you just cant set the colors... right?
    04-18-2012 04:27 PM
    I tried that app earlier and it didn't work for me. I rlly just want an app or setting that will make my red or blue led blink when I get a txt or email etc.

Cmon there's gotta be something out there for such a simple request lol.

Thanks
    When you get a notification (missed call, text, email, etc.), your LED should be blinking slowly. Only Red works for notifications. Blue is for charging.

Is your LED not blinking at all when you get a notification?
    04-18-2012 04:29 PM
    Nope I don't believe it is.
    04-18-2012 05:17 PM
    Lightflow works for me... I have blue solid for whatsapp, flashing red for text, solid red for voicemail, slow red for gmail....

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    04-18-2012 05:30 PM
    I wish I knew what # the MAGENTA LED was so i could use it for my notications
    04-19-2012 03:07 PM
    I'm very happy with the NoLED app.
    04-19-2012 03:41 PM
    I'm very happy with the NoLED app.
    I just installed this.

I like it a lot!

When I got an e-mail, I got the notification icon, but I also got a small blue square in the upper left hand corner of the screen. I can't figure out what that is for.
    04-22-2012 09:42 AM
    Wont NoLed kill my battery life?
    It seems to need to run my screen. The whole time. I'm sceptic.

Can any1 give feedback on my batterylife concern?

Thanks
    04-22-2012 10:08 AM
    Wont NoLed kill my battery life?
    It seems to need to run my screen. The whole time. I'm sceptic.

Can any1 give feedback on my batterylife concern?

Thanks
    I've only been using it for an hour now, but you can change how long your screen lights up and how often.

I have my screen light up for 2 seconds at a time, and it lights up once every 30 seconds. I'll keep an eye on how this affects the battery life and report back.
    04-22-2012 10:12 AM
    - Don't know about those little squares. I get them too.

- I use NoLED a lot, e.g. I have it flash % of charge while it's hooked up. According to SystemPanel, it uses 0.1% of my CPU time. That's less than my live wallpapers.
    04-22-2012 10:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD