There are so many things i miss about the iphone. There are so many things i LOVE about the S2...

The one thing that bothers me the most about the 2 phones is this. The iphone does everyday tasks SIMPLE where as the S2 just seems to do those simple things really crappy.

Its small pet peeve of mine but its the biggest. Lets say im typing a text message or trying to type in a search. If i miss spell the word and have already hit space then need to change it, its just to much for the damn phone. For instance i wanted to type BALL well it came out BAIL so i deleted back to BA then typed LL well it then made BAALL. Has this happened to anyone else?

Screen brightness. I know this has been touched before but man it frustrates me. I like to keep the brightness low so i can save battery. Everyone once in awhile the darn thing switches back to full brightness. so i go back into settings and drag it back to where i like it. Few hours later its back at full brightness. I know you can slifde across the top row but thats about as useless as can be. you can drag your finger all the way across that bar and it wont change till you lift up.

sending pictures. WHY THE HELL DOES IT DIO IT IN A SLIDE SHOW.. I send friends with iphones 2 or more pix and it will only show up with a movie that has these images that are so blurry. If i have an 8mp camera and an unlimited data plan why are my pictures being compressed.

GPS... thats a joke thats all.

The damn sound button on the side. Takes a feather to touch it and your sound goes up or down.

i wish the back ground would stay when you go into the applications button.

Is there a way for the screen to light up and show you who texted you or called you when the phone is LOCKED?? like the iphone the screen would light up and show you a notification saying you got a text from so and so. This phone just has a red or blue light that blinks for a little while and then it stops after a bit.

can someone point me in the direction for the FASTEST charger car or home for this phone. With the extended 3800mah battery it takes almost 2.5 hours for a full charge. plugged into the computer it takes twice that.

sorry for ranting
    04-19-2012 02:41 PM
    There are so many things i miss about the iphone. There are so many things i LOVE about the S2...

The one thing that bothers me the most about the 2 phones is this. The iphone does everyday tasks SIMPLE where as the S2 just seems to do those simple things really crappy.

Its small pet peeve of mine but its the biggest. Lets say im typing a text message or trying to type in a search. If i miss spell the word and have already hit space then need to change it, its just to much for the damn phone. For instance i wanted to type BALL well it came out BAIL so i deleted back to BA then typed LL well it then made BAALL. Has this happened to anyone else?

Screen brightness. I know this has been touched before but man it frustrates me. I like to keep the brightness low so i can save battery. Everyone once in awhile the darn thing switches back to full brightness. so i go back into settings and drag it back to where i like it. Few hours later its back at full brightness. I know you can slifde across the top row but thats about as useless as can be. you can drag your finger all the way across that bar and it wont change till you lift up.

sending pictures. WHY THE HELL DOES IT DIO IT IN A SLIDE SHOW.. I send friends with iphones 2 or more pix and it will only show up with a movie that has these images that are so blurry. If i have an 8mp camera and an unlimited data plan why are my pictures being compressed.

The damn sound button on the side. Takes a feather to touch it and your sound goes up or down.

Is there a way for the screen to light up and show you who texted you or called you when the phone is LOCKED?? like the iphone the screen would light up and show you a notification saying you got a text from so and so. This phone just has a red or blue light that blinks for a little while and then it stops after a bit.

can someone point me in the direction for the FASTEST charger car or home for this phone. With the extended 3800mah battery it takes almost 2.5 hours for a full charge. plugged into the computer it takes twice that.

sorry for ranting
    For the autocorrect issue, you may want to try out a different keyboard (The free ICS keyboard in the market for example).

You don't have auto brightness checked and it still does that? Weird... never had that happen.

Can't help you with multiple pictures in a text message. Never really had issues with GPS.

Go here for iOS notification: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ications&hl=en

The charging times annoys me too but it's typical with these huge batteries.
    Biggnaa20 likes this.
    04-19-2012 04:26 PM

sorry for ranting
    My phone takes about an hour to charge. Of course with a big battery it will take longer. The reason it takes so long from a car or from the computer, is because there is less power being put out.

I use swiftkey as a custom keyboard, and love it.

Never had a problem with screen brightness, and I have autobrightness checked.

GPS is sketchy. However it can be fixed by rooting and testing out multiple modem.bin files. See link below.

[Modem] [Odin] FD19! FD16, FD10, FD05, FC22, FC15, FC05, EL29, EL26, EL13, EG30, EK02
    04-20-2012 07:35 PM
    My phone takes about an hour to charge. Of course with a big battery it will take longer. The reason it takes so long from a car or from the computer, is because there is less power being put out.
    I've heard this sort of thing a lot but never understood it... my cigarette lighter plug is rated at 12 volts, 10 amps which is WAY more than the charger / battery can accept (the AC charger puts out something like 5 volts @ 0.5 amps). So why can't car chargers work as fast as AC chargers?
    04-20-2012 09:38 PM
    Patience is a virture.
    Get a different keyboard. I use the latest SwiftKey 3 beta but I'd recommend the more stable SwiftKey X. Thumb Keyboard is different but very comfortable once you adjust.

Uncheck Auto brightness in settings
    Don't know much the gallery issue; play around and ask more questions. You'll find a solution.

Almost every messaging app in the android store allows you to configure the settings to allow for a screen wake upon receiving a message. I use GO Sms. That app comes with a screen wake preset. It's also the most stylish and customizable of the major text into apps.

Welcome to the world of Android! Patience is a virture.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    04-20-2012 10:07 PM
    I've heard this sort of thing a lot but never understood it... my cigarette lighter plug is rated at 12 volts, 10 amps which is WAY more than the charger / battery can accept (the AC charger puts out something like 5 volts @ 0.5 amps). So why can't car chargers work as fast as AC chargers?
    I think it is the car charger itself if I remember reading correcting. I don't remember all the specifics. I remember people also talking about more powerful car chargers too.
    04-20-2012 11:43 PM
    U need to get a 2.1 amp charger they sell them for cars also. Typical chargers are 1 amp!

Sent from Steve Jobs' grave
    04-20-2012 11:59 PM
    The mms coming in as slide show is an I phone issue. If you send multiple pictures from an I phone to android it stays a slide show and vise versa. You can send multiple pics to android and it's normal. So that issue is the I phones

sent from my blobfish (if you don't know what a blobfish is, Google it)
    04-21-2012 08:13 AM
    Let me say right away that I love Android and have had three Android phones (Hero, Evo 4G, and now Epic 4G Touch) but the big issue with Android is that some things don't just work.

iPhones just work. Right out of the box it just works! Now I hate the iPhone a lot, but it just works period! There is no need for work-arounds or rooting and fixing it. It just does what it is suppose to do. Remember I HATE the iPhone but it just works.

One of the prices of freedom from the Apple dictatorship is we all don't have the same version of Android and some things don't work right away. What we do have, which is MUCH MORE important, is freedom. Freedom from having that ugly small phone. Freedom to root and be free from Sprint bloatware. Freedom to choose from a zillion different phones. FREEDOM, my friends. That's why we put up with things in Android that don't work right away.

FREEDOM IS MESSY!
    04-21-2012 10:32 AM
    I will have to look into the go sms. I had it for the iphone. I have downloaded Swiftx and I do like it. The only thing that gets me is its always putting in extra periods. I turned off (add period with two spaces) and it still puts in a period if i'm typing.

The brightness is my biggest issue. The auto brightness is unchecked and I keep it right near the bottom. It really sucks in the morning when I pick up my phone to look at the alarm and bam blind as can be. Lol

To go along with your iphone comment you are exactly right. The iphone just does. Tap tap boom done.

Any other cool apps anyone can point out?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    04-23-2012 12:32 PM
    On the brightness issue: do you have the auto adjust LCD brightness option checked in display settings? If so, uncheck it. Its available on the ICS builds, not sure if its on gingerbread. And i have to ask, you do know you can adjust the brightness by Swyping left and right on the top of the screen over the notification bar, right? Are you accidentally doing this when checking your notifications?

edit: Nvm the top bar part just reread ur first post. My bad
    04-24-2012 03:01 PM
    One other thing that annoys me so bad is YouTube for Android does not run in the background. If the screen turns off while waiting for a video to buffer it starts the video all over again.

04-26-2012 09:47 AM
    One other thing that annoys me so bad is YouTube for Android does not run in the background. If the screen turns off while waiting for a video to buffer it starts the video all over again.

This bothers me too... I'm pretty sure with some of the other YouTube apps you can use there are ones that don't do that though.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    04-26-2012 04:35 PM
    I have a DInc2 and still have issues with multiple pics using gosms. I selected a bunch of pics of my friends dog, sent them to her and then deleted them. Later I found out that they came to her droid razr hella small. Even after I saved them to her sd i couldn't zoom. It's like they're compressed as a thumbnail. Just tested sending out of gosms and then opening the message thread in the htc messages app. Small small small. Wtf? Does she have to have gosms to see them? Also stock htc 2.1 message app does not have this feature.

Check if the alarm clock app has a separate brightness setting.

If you have an aftermarket charger, there are crappy ones and good ones.

If you turn off double tap space insert period, or should stop doing it . I just tested it. Maybe reinstall or something.
    06-15-2012 12:14 PM
    "iPhones just work. Right out of the box it just works! Now I hate the iPhone a lot, but it just works period! There is no need for work-arounds or rooting and fixing it. It just does what it is suppose to do. Remember I HATE the iPhone but it just works. "

iPhone works for who? I highly doubt it works for everyone. I had one and hated how little you can customize it.

Basically, you can put an icon or folder on the home screens. No clock, widgets, live wallpaper or anything.

You cannot directly copy files to or from it. Like videos. I don't want to try and get it into iTunes and pray it is the right format and transfers. I hate iTunes. It has gotten better, but there are much better music management apps.

The screen size of the iPhone is a joke. The durability of the iPhone 4 is a joke. Really...a glass phone front and back??????

If you are expecting a company to design a phone that when you pull it out of the box it works exactly as everyone prefers, you have quite an imagination.

I found I had to press WAY MORE items to do most things than with my Android phone. Especially with email.
    06-24-2012 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD