07-12-2012 02:18 PM
237 ... 23456 ...
tools
    I still have a year till my uprade....and that's on all 5 of my phones. So ICS would be nice (to fix some bugs my phone is currently experiencing) but not a necessity. So hurry the HE** up Sprint or forever suck gingerbread juice up your nose!!!
    06-21-2012 11:43 AM
    I got tired of waiting so I rooted mine, I was scared and aprehensive at first but it was the best move I ever made, Im running the Blu Kuban ICS rom built on FE10 and its amazing, no more location issues and gps is much much better
    06-22-2012 06:32 AM
    Yea, I did the same. I got tired of the wait and rooted it. I rocked AOKP for a while but ran into GPS issues. Blue Kuban is way better.
    06-23-2012 09:04 PM
    We are on FF18 now. Its pretty good. I say we are very close to OTA.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    06-24-2012 02:06 PM
    We are on FF18 now. Its pretty good. I say we are very close to OTA.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    Oh I hope you're right. How long do you think the wait will be for OTA? I need my ICS goodness

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    06-24-2012 02:29 PM
    Oh I hope you're right. How long do you think the wait will be for OTA? I need my ICS goodness

Its available right now. Odin it. Heimdall it. Or flash my custom rom here

http://forum.sdx-developers.com/index.php?topic=20126.0

[ROM][FF18][June 24, 2012] DK_Liquid_Ice_v1.0.0_Stable

Sent From A Rotary Phone
    06-24-2012 02:39 PM
    Ice cream sandwich please come to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessss

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    06-24-2012 08:42 PM
    Argh! Soon we will be TWO versions behind. Jellybean due out soon.
    06-25-2012 02:45 PM
    Fragmentation at it's best.
    06-25-2012 05:00 PM
    Funny thing is in order to kill fragmentation one has to root and rom the device. Lol. How sad is that. As much as i hate to say it....Apple has there iphones unfragmented. There all running iOs 5.1.1. Except the iphone 3g and older.

Sent From A Rotary Phone
    06-25-2012 06:07 PM
    Maybe we'll have an ICS OTA by the time Android 5.0 rolls out

06-25-2012 08:51 PM
    Maybe we'll have an ICS OTA by the time Android 5.0 rolls out

Well i knew when i bought the et4g that sammy was very horrible at updating there devices. So i rooted it and built a rom. Ive been on ICS sense April

Sent From A Rotary Phone
    06-25-2012 09:29 PM
    Boy, you got that right! If iPhone had Flash, I would be there. I can stand Apple's limitations easier than Android's fragmentation.
    06-25-2012 09:38 PM
    I see many mentions of OTA ICS, but I'm wondering if it's important not just to those who want a stock, official, Samsung-supplied ICS, but also to those who make custom ROMs? Aside from it likely being a newer build than what's leaked, is this "special" version going to carry some advantage to them?
    06-26-2012 12:42 AM
    I see many mentions of OTA ICS, but I'm wondering if it's important not just to those who want a stock, official, Samsung-supplied ICS, but also to those who make custom ROMs? Aside from it likely being a newer build than what's leaked, is this "special" version going to carry some advantage to them?
    Nope. Not really. FF18 is most likely official but they will probably change some numbers then release.

Sent From A Rotary Phone
    06-26-2012 07:05 AM
    Actually yes, once the OTA is released Samsung will put up the source code for the build which will allow devs to do a lot more than they currently can, especially with kernel development.

06-26-2012 02:25 PM
    I guess I will be rooting soon and running CM9. I didn't feel like going thru the hassle of rooting, but am very annoyed with Sprint & Sammy's horrible updating record. Can't wait until the next Nexus device is announced. Maybe the Sprint version will hit stores around the same time as its LTE goes live.
    06-26-2012 04:16 PM
    GREAT! Jelly Bean is going to be an OTA on Nexus devices in 2-3 weeks. And we're still on GB. I know I could root, but we are probably very close to ICS. So, I'm gonna wait for that. However, I'll jump on the rooting bandwagon when a stable JB ROM comes out. Not gonna wait a year--or forever- for that one.

Next phone...a Nexus. Crap.
    mstenshi and eribac like this.
    06-27-2012 01:49 PM
    GREAT! Jelly Bean is going to be an OTA on Nexus devices in 2-3 weeks. And we're still on GB. I know I could root, but we are probably very close to ICS. So, I'm gonna wait for that. However, I'll jump on the rooting bandwagon when a stable JB ROM comes out. Not gonna wait a year--or forever- for that one.

Next phone...a Nexus. Crap.
    Yeah I think I have to agree. At this point I'm not sure I care about ICS update. If a stable JB comes I'm rooting. Chances are these phones will never get JB anyway and I still have over a year before upgrade.
    06-27-2012 02:02 PM
    OK so I got the sgs3 now from the epic touch. But with jb coming next month. It makes be second guess my decision of buy non nexus devices. Like seriously the sgs2 on sprint isn't even on official ics and now JB is already here.. screw this fragmentation ... smh!
    06-27-2012 02:44 PM
    OK so I got the sgs3 now from the epic touch. But with jb coming next month. It makes be second guess my decision of buy non nexus devices. Like seriously the sgs2 on sprint isn't even on official ics and now JB is already here.. screw this fragmentation ... smh!
    You wasted your money. Shoulda waited til the GS4 is released.

Sent From A Rotary Phone
    06-27-2012 03:24 PM
    You wasted your money. Shoulda waited til the GS4 is released.

Sent From A Rotary Phone
    Well I have had it for 3 days now.. so should I return or keep? Too bad sprint got the Galaxy nexus so late smh
    06-27-2012 04:35 PM
    On the bright side, with Jelly Bean being released next month, that puts the Galaxy SII well within the 18 month Android OS upgrade plan that Google promoted at last year's I/O. So, if Sprint/Samsung follow that guide, the GSIIE4GT should be getting JB. Also, with JB being a .1 version update, it probably won't be as involved as the 4.0 ICS update. Fantasy, I know, but JB could be rolling out on older non-Nexus phones this Fall.
    06-27-2012 05:07 PM
    On the bright side, with Jelly Bean being released next month, that puts the Galaxy SII well within the 18 month Android OS upgrade plan that Google promoted at last year's I/O. So, if Sprint/Samsung follow that guide, the GSIIE4GT should be getting JB. Also, with JB being a .1 version update, it probably won't be as involved as the 4.0 ICS update. Fantasy, I know, but JB could be rolling out on older non-Nexus phones this Fall.
    This must be your first samsung device. You have no idea how sammy updates work. The only way we will see jelly bean is by a developer porting it. Wishful thinking :rolleyes::beer:

Sent From A Rotary Phone
    06-27-2012 05:44 PM
    FF18 does seem to be close. It's stable and I use it as a daily driver. Jump over to XDA. There are several there you can try out.
    06-27-2012 05:48 PM
237 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD