Still no ICS...........

Sn1per 117

Flashaholic
Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
This article seems very fishy. The headline suggest that E4GT might not be getting ICS but then they never really said anything to back it up. Plus this wouldn't really make any since with the final build pretty much complete and already being run on may people's phone through root. I'm also pretty sure that they're wrong about the E4GT being less powerful than those other phones. I was under the impression that the fact that we we got the EXYNOS processor was a big bonus

Ya, whoever wrote that doesn't know what's going on. Exynos wins hands down, plus our phone is the only one getting 4.0.4 and the ics that has been released for other carriers is 4.0.3 and they have also been very buggy.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting very impatient with Sprint and Sammy. Meanwhile, if anyone has or is working on a Jelly Bean ROM please share :)

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I am working on a jelly bean port. I got it to get to boot animation but then it boot loops. The kernels ramdisk has to be just right for it to boot. It is still a WIP ;)

Sent From A Rotary Phone

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
While you so kindly work on that (thank you in advance! :p ) I think I'm going to go learn how to root and such. And look into your ICS rom or whatever.

Reactions: Dark_Knight2

tompro53

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I am afraid that when ever ics gets released we will only be able to download it from kies which sucks for me since i don't have a computer right now.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
E4GT isn't supported by Kies. Or so I've been told.

This phone works with Kies just fine, for better or worse. The update to ICS may require Kies though, simply due to the size. Sprint's data network isn't exactly overflowing with capacity either.

Reactions: fcjr77

dev2nsu

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Sprint just needs to hurry up with this update! We are getting treated like slaves over here

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Finally bit the bullet and went with a custom rom. So glad I did. Dark Knights Liquid ICS is a super clean pure ICS type experience. No ugly touchwiz ICS. Can't wait for jelly bean! :)

Btw, its so simple and easy. You just have to use your brain for about 15 minutes. It's much more anticlimactic then you'd expect, for all you apprehensive ones.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463