Still no ICS...........

NYGat0r

May 29, 2012
Visit site
:cool: dont worry guys everyone with t mobile that has the official update hate it bugs etc.

i don't mind waiting. dont want something rushed just browsing threw XDA.

no reason to be jealous

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
:cool: dont worry guys everyone with t mobile that has the official update hate it bugs etc.

i don't mind waiting. dont want something rushed just browsing threw XDA.

no reason to be jealous

Agreed. As I write this, Sprint is in the process of reviewing the ICS build for the Epic 4G Touch and communicating back to Samsung to get the final issues ironed out.

Here is the last communication from Sprint to Samsung for the FF11 build:

8. Fixed Software Issues.
Item Number Description of Issue: 1 Embedded Applications - Disable Setting Reported/Issued

Procedure "With the introduction of ICS, the ability to Disable applications was introduced. For several of the key preloaded applications we need to have the Disable feature removed from Application > Settings so users cannot negatively impact their experience.

Please remove the Disable feature from these applications:

Gallery
Media Storage
Messaging
Sprint Zone
Sprint ID
Voicemail
Smart Device Manager"

Expected Results
Fixed in FF11 SW release.

There are still some bugs, but as you can see, the things they're asking to get ironed out are minor. I still expect to see an official release before the month is over.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
The international sgs2 has nothing to do with our phone. They're two different phones that need specifically made roms.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I think he was mainly refering to Samsung getting the updates out. Not the fact that it is a different phone with different roms made for it.

flipflopp

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
My opinion is that Sprint would rather not give us ICS right now to try and force people to buy the new SGIII. If they hold out on rolling it out, then some may jump ship and give them higher sales for the SGIII. Once I have ICS on this E4GT then I will be content for my 2nd year of my contract.

johnpent

May 21, 2012
Visit site
That has to be it. Has crossed my mind to just upgrade, but this G2 still feels new... But needs ICS.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

ivtec21

May 3, 2012
Visit site
My opinion is that Sprint would rather not give us ICS right now to try and force people to buy the new SGIII. If they hold out on rolling it out, then some may jump ship and give them higher sales for the SGIII. Once I have ICS on this E4GT then I will be content for my 2nd year of my contract.

You make a valid point....man im tired of waiting -________-

eagle63

May 7, 2010
Visit site

Nah. No one really cares other than us minority of nerds. 98% of the population either doesn't know what ICS is, or doesn't know that it's something that they can get on their device. (or both)

Likely reason is Sprint just put this near the bottom of their to-do list.

Last edited:

dev2nsu

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Nah. No one really cares other than us minority of nerds. 98% of the population either doesn't know what ICS is, or doesn't know that it's something that they can get on their device. (or both)

Likely reason is Sprint just put this near the bottom of their to-do list.

I think Sprint is just screwing with us all. At least hook us up with a date or something....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I think Sprint is gonna surprise everyone by randomly releasing it without any word :)

I could see that happening. Someone is going to hit the check for update button, and boom, ICS. At this point I'm counting down days until August 1 when I'm eligible for an upgrade. Considering the S3, impressed with my friend's Evo LTE. Won't even consider for a second getting an iPhone.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I could see that happening. Someone is going to hit the check for update button, and boom, ICS. At this point I'm counting down days until August 1 when I'm eligible for an upgrade. Considering the S3, impressed with my friend's Evo LTE. Won't even consider for a second getting an iPhone.

I'm not due for an upgrade for a long time but I rooted my E4GT and have ICS running on it anyway :)

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I still have a year till my uprade....and that's on all 5 of my phones. So ICS would be nice (to fix some bugs my phone is currently experiencing) but not a necessity. So hurry the HE** up Sprint or forever suck gingerbread juice up your nose!!!

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I got tired of waiting so I rooted mine, I was scared and aprehensive at first but it was the best move I ever made, Im running the Blu Kuban ICS rom built on FE10 and its amazing, no more location issues and gps is much much better