Hey guys. Still getting used to my ics... I can't stand the contacts app that ics comes with. I would love to have what my phone was running prior to running ics.

If anyone can figure out how I an get the dialer and contacts menu from before upgradong to ics I would be greatful... or atleast a solid replacement.

Thanks
    04-20-2012 12:03 AM
    What ROM did you flash? I have to assume it wasn't the stock Touchwiz ROM as the dialer and contacts app didn't change.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    04-20-2012 12:15 AM
    Clockworkmod
    04-20-2012 12:20 AM
    Clockworkmod
    That is your recovery. Can you link the ROM you downloaded and flashed?

04-20-2012 12:24 AM
    Shh I'm so new to all this. I get confused between Tom recovery kernel etc. How can I get you the info you need? I don't remember where I downloaded my ics from if that's what your referring to... I know it was from xda...

I appreciate you taking the time to help and explain this to me because I'm just new to this and really would lime to understand. Thanks in advance.
    04-20-2012 12:27 AM
    No problem. Go to menu > settings > about phone, scroll down and tell us what it says under Build version.

04-20-2012 12:35 AM
    Thanks
    Blend ICS 5.1
    04-20-2012 12:43 AM
    Okay. That is a custom ROM and the developer themed the dialer and contacts app. Getting them back to stock would require pulling contacts.apk and phone.apk from a stock ICS Touchwiz ROM, copying them over to /system/app using a root based file explorer then fixing permissions. Its fairly easy but not if you're inexperienced and never done it before. I'm mobile right now so I can't go into more detail sorry. I can help tomorrow morning of someone hasn't gotten to it already.

04-20-2012 01:03 AM
    Oh, in the meantime, you may want to try Go Contacts EX from the Play Store. You may like it better than stock.

04-20-2012 01:12 AM
    Thanks I will look at that app. It I would rather take it from touchwiz if you Can Guide me through that. I have some knowledge on how these phones work with root etc. But I'm not great with understanding kernels,Roms etc.

Thanks for all the help
    04-20-2012 09:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD