Who had jumped ships or is getting ready to.

rraman3110

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
With the release of the Galaxy Nexus out now, and the EVO4GLTE due out within a couple of months; who will be or has already jumped ships.

If you already jumped ships I assume you wont be reading, but for those who are about to; do you think it will be a smart move? I am personally waiting for the EVO4GLTE since Samsung devices are starting to annoy me, but sadly no LTE in Philadelphia so pretty much a waste.

What are you prediction on the LTE rollout for Sprint? When do you think big market cities (NYC, LA, Chicago,.... list goes on) get it? What is your city, and do you even have WiMax?

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm also in Philly and get decent WiMax coverage on my 3D, therefore I could not consider a 3G phone at this point, no matter how beautiful the screen is.

eq0120

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
no LTE or WiMax here in the suburbs of detroit, so i will be waiting it out until a wider LTE launch, and probably newer phones by the time it gets rolled out were i'm at..

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Even though I like the gn I already have Ics and good wimax coverage so until lte comes to the chi I'm sticking with my Nexus S 4G

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Im going to have to compare the external audio between the EVO LTE and Galaxy 3 device.
In the past that has been a big factor for ME. Also the display is pretty close behind.

In the past few years i have bought them all with the exception of the nexus, This year i am only buying one and ill wait for all 3 to be available so i can compare equally.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
no LTE or WiMax here in the suburbs of detroit, so i will be waiting it out until a wider LTE launch, and probably newer phones by the time it gets rolled out were i'm at..
As a fellow Detroiter (live Royal Oak, work Allen Park, g/f in G.P.) who sees cruddy 4G only downtown or in New Center/WSU area and knows that we'll get LTE sometime after the last cow pasture in Montana is covered, I'm in no rush to get anything. I paid five bills for my phone and I'm off contract in June, so why buy anything when the E4GT is still a great phone and ICS may be mere days away? (Someone at XDA claims to have the OTA already.)

duddy23b

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
My two year contract is up September, by then I hope all the kinks and bugs will have been discovered and then I can upgrade to a superior phone hopefully?

rraman3110

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
My 2 year contract is up in October 2012. I am hoping that GSIII will be out so I can grab that or maybe some other device (Sony?).

In the Philadelphia area, WiMax seems to be somewhat strong, but can be very spotty and forget about it working in building (unless you are next to a window). LTE is supposed to fix those issues and work through buildings and cover a large radius. I hope Sprint can rollout LTE quickly especially to the Northeast.

Galaxy Nexus, EVO4GLTE, GSIII, even iPhone5. My next device will be an LTE device, but only if LTE is available where I sleep and play.

TnA206

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I can't believe they have the nerve to sell phones they can't even support. Its like they are going backwards!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I just jumped ON the ship :). No regrets either. If you stop looking at what your phone can do and starting focusing on all these new phone's then you will be locked into a never ending cycle of doom and financial loss. This phone has everything I could possibly need in a handset.

That being said, Sprint service has been shotty at best lately. I really hope they get this crap sorted out. I get a really good deal on my family plan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy