FD24 - Official ICS?

ramonm2

Dec 23, 2010
ramonm2.blogspot.com
Just a progress update for everyone here. QBKing put up a video on what looks to be the official ICS build. I'm gonna try it out and see how well it works. ICS is coming so look out for the OTA soon. I assume it will be officially announced in two weeks or so. :)

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wrt8qeqE1uw[/YT]

Reactions: xxINFIDELxx

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
No one knows if it is official yet. There are still some small bugs but it is really close.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I hope not. They still haven't fixed the issues I have with Bluetooth media audio. Tested it on the way home from work tonight after flashing FD24 and had a random reboot as usual on the ICS builds.

Last edited:

Sn1per 117

Flashaholic
Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I hope not. They still haven't fixed the issues I have with Bluetooth media audio. Tested it on the way home from work tonight after flashing FD24 and had a random reboot as usual on the ICS builds.

Well at least the notification bug is gone now :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Well at least the notification bug is gone now :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Very true, but I knew they'd get that fixed. Something tells me they think Bluetooth is working as intended, which for the most part it is. But I'm of the opinion that there are device compatibility issues with media audio.

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Very true, but I knew they'd get that fixed. Something tells me they think Bluetooth is working as intended, which for the most part it is. But I'm of the opinion that there are device compatibility issues with media audio.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I wouldn't be surprised at all of they released ICS without fixing this. I don't use bluetooth but I have read a lot of mixed results with using it on our leaks and the AOSP roms.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
There are bugs and then there are reported bugs and then there are bugs that are scheduled to be fixed before release.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
That happened as of the last build. Killed scrolling in Go Launcher too from what I read. I haven't tried it to confirm though.

ramonm2

Dec 23, 2010
ramonm2.blogspot.com
I've been using several apps and it seems to lock on really well to my location. better than the 2.3.6 did. And like JayWill I also can't get my bluetooth to sync with my Sentra... There's a bit of a scrolling issue I don't like. Going up and down it speeds up at random. those seem to be the only real problems I see. I really don't care weather wallpapers move or not. I just want the stock live wallpapers. That blue one with circles is pretty cool :)

anon(757864)

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I've been using several apps and it seems to lock on really well to my location. better than the 2.3.6 did. And like JayWill I also can't get my bluetooth to sync with my Sentra... There's a bit of a scrolling issue I don't like. Going up and down it speeds up at random. those seem to be the only real problems I see. I really don't care weather wallpapers move or not. I just want the stock live wallpapers. That blue one with circles is pretty cool :)

The scrolling thing happens to me on GB to

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Typical of Sprint to leave this update basically the same as 2.3.6! I've seen the ICS that was released to the unlocked GS2 and lemme tell ya, Sprint robbed us there. Glad i didn't wait for this and went ahead and upgraded with an AOSP earlier. But like I've said in previous threads, GS3....now that it's confirmed that it had the EXYNOS quad processor and the better GPU also, I'm all over that, and since i want the REAL GS3, yeah, I'll be leaving Sprint also, cause can't use a factory phone with Sprint service

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Typical of Sprint to leave this update basically the same as 2.3.6! I've seen the ICS that was released to the unlocked GS2 and lemme tell ya, Sprint robbed us there. Glad i didn't wait for this and went ahead and upgraded with an AOSP earlier. But like I've said in previous threads, GS3....now that it's confirmed that it had the EXYNOS quad processor and the better GPU also, I'm all over that, and since i want the REAL GS3, yeah, I'll be leaving Sprint also, cause can't use a factory phone with Sprint service

Just to clarify, Sprint has nothing at all to do with the choice to keep Touchwiz the same.

Also, a FD26 RDF file was posted so this is not the final build.

Reactions: dtm_stretch

jahsun

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy S Music Widget no longer works. Power Saving Widget doesn't load correctly. The scrolling is a little choppy and really fast like with a previous ICS build QBKing77 showed. Otherwise, works okay. I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple more build leaks before final release.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy