FD24 - Official ICS?

DroidHeroDoes

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks to qbking77's instruction video, I got ICS on My Epic 4G Touch. But I dont like it :-(
It does not run as smooth as EL29 stock Ginger Bread version.
Scrolling up and down, left and right are not smooth, it stutters sometimes. (it affects to FB app, Dolphin browser, Twitter app, etc...not just on menu)
Chrome for Android freezes up after 10 seconds of using it
Battery gets worse
Signal reception is weaker, however location based apps can locate you better.
I know this is not the official ICS update and I hope its not cause its buggy. I just wanna share this with people who are thinking to install it. Just wait for the official one.
Now, does anyone know how I can switch back to EL29 version without losing data, apps, and other stuff on my phone?

Sn1per 117

Flashaholic
Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks to qbking77's instruction video, I got ICS on My Epic 4G Touch. But I dont like it :-(
It does not run as smooth as EL29 stock Ginger Bread version.
Scrolling up and down, left and right are not smooth, it stutters sometimes. (it affects to FB app, Dolphin browser, Twitter app, etc...not just on menu)
Chrome for Android freezes up after 10 seconds of using it
Battery gets worse
Signal reception is weaker, however location based apps can locate you better.
I know this is not the official ICS update and I hope its not cause its buggy. I just wanna share this with people who are thinking to install it. Just wait for the official one.
Now, does anyone know how I can switch back to EL29 version without losing data, apps, and other stuff on my phone?

To get back to el29 safely you have a few options. Hopefully you have a nandroid from el29 before you went to ICS. For you I'd suggest using sfhub's odin one click el29 rooted, but make sure you use the data wiping one as no data one could harm your phone coming from ics. Then you can use the auto root tool to install cwm and do an advanced restore for data of your previous gb nandroid. Your other option would be to install mobile odin, flash the el26 cwm kernel, boot into recovery, format all, and then flash a GB ROM of your choice.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Reactions: DroidHeroDoes

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
To get back to el29 safely you have a few options. Hopefully you have a nandroid from el29 before you went to ICS. For you I'd suggest using sfhub's odin one click el29 rooted, but make sure you use the data wiping one as no data one could harm your phone coming from ics. Then you can use the auto root tool to install cwm and do an advanced restore for data of your previous gb nandroid. Your other option would be to install mobile odin, flash the el26 cwm kernel, boot into recovery, format all, and then flash a GB ROM of your choice.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Option number two all day!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20