On Sprint, it seems like we'll have two choices, the Evo 4 LTE and the GS3. Since it now seems that both of these phones will have the same processor in it, which one are you leaning towards or will you skip this new phone generation and wait until next year?

I do want to upgrade, but I won't make a decision until after May 3rd and beyond when we will actually know what Sprint will have in store for us as far as the GS3 is concerned.

Exciting times, eventhough the GS3 will not get the processor I was hoping for.
    04-26-2012 04:14 PM
    The EVO is tempting for several reasons.
    A) Voice quality if it is better (I wear hearing aids)

B) Dedicated Camera button

C) Better camera

D) better cell signal, 3g and wifi speeds

Of course all of this remains to be seen if it it is any better / worse and I'm really not thrilled with the non removable battery.
    04-26-2012 05:14 PM
    Aren't we still waiting to hear if the Exynos 4 quadcore can handle LTE? Or if Sprint will even get it this year. Id be shocked if they didn't but thats making a few assumptions.

Edit: Well nevermind, the article on the front page says Snapdragon. Not keeping up with the times
    04-26-2012 06:45 PM
    I'm going to see what the Sprint GS3 brings to the table, then decide from there. I'm still extremely happy with my GS2, so I'm not overly motivated to upgrade.
    04-26-2012 07:25 PM
    I am enjoying my e4gt immensely. the GS3 does not sound impressive to me, the American version anyways. It sounds to me like the GS3 is basically an lte version of the GS2. I WANT A SAMSUNG VERSION OF THE RAZR MAXX.
    04-26-2012 08:10 PM
    Very happy with the GS2 thus far.

Nothing in the EVO or GS3 will push me to upgrade.

Will wait.
    04-27-2012 01:57 PM
    Yep once we get ICS I doubt I'll have much reason to want to upgrade. Might as well wait till my contract expires and see how Sprints LTE rollout goes, if the networks still subpar I'll consider jumping to another carrier for a new device. Hoping for a Galaxy Note II by then. God I hope the screen doesn't get bigger
    04-27-2012 03:51 PM
    I am enjoying my e4gt immensely. the GS3 does not sound impressive to me, the American version anyways. It sounds to me like the GS3 is basically an lte version of the GS2. I WANT A SAMSUNG VERSION OF THE RAZR MAXX.
    That would never happen. Seeing Moto owns the right to the Razor name

sent from a Android device
    I'm always on!
    04-27-2012 03:53 PM
    I love this phone but God sprint service is horrible. Just today I had five full bars on roaming and it was taking a full minute to load a Web Page. There are just too many places where I don't get a signal. Once I can get my etf down to $100 I'm out. Hopefully by then verizon will have a phone I like.
    04-27-2012 05:48 PM
    Luckily for me im in a first round LTE coverage are for Sprint so once Sammy releases its new Galaxy phone i can compare it to the EVO LTE and GNEX LTE.. ONLY then will i make a decision.
    04-27-2012 06:06 PM
    After what we've been through with the wimax roll-out, hopefully the LTE is much faster. The fact that Samsung and Ericson are there LTE partners should prove to be smoother. No decision on upgrades for me just yet

Fingers crossed!
    04-27-2012 06:20 PM
    I used to get a new phone every year. However, I used my upgrade to get the Epic, and I refuse to spend full price to get a phone. If I can convince them to move the upgrade from my empty line to my main line, maybe I'd get the Evo. I'm not married to any paticular manufacturer, just the phone that makes my gadget sense twitch ...
    04-27-2012 10:34 PM
    Sitting on the fence for now waiting to see what Sprint puts out next month if it is the right stuff I will be riding the rail to the beat of a new GS3ET
    04-27-2012 10:51 PM
    That would never happen. Seeing Moto owns the right to the Razor name

sent from a Android device
    I'm always on!
    I wasn't clear, I want a Samsung galaxy with a razr maxx like battery. I would jump in a heartbeat for a galaxy s16 with an 8500 mah battery less than 5mm thick.
    04-28-2012 10:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD