Change Camera Storage to MicroSD Card?

TomD

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I just discovered that photos are not saving to the MicroSD card. I don't see an option to change photo storage location.

I tried moving DCIM to the MicroSD card, but it still saved photos to internal.

My second E4GT (with no MicroSD card) ran out of space in internal storage. When I installed a MicroSD and tried to take a picture, it notified me that it changed photo storage to the MicroSD card.

Is the only way to switch storage locations for photos to completely fill internal storage?

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Its right there in the Camera settings menu :confused:

SC20120426-192814.png

vito032

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Are you using the stock camera? I have a s2 and on mine I have to go to edit short cuts and it's in there. Put it in your short cuts change it then you can put the short cut you want back. It's on the bottom right.

Sent from long long ago in a galaxy far far away!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348519657569.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348519657569.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 259

rstephenrrtx

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
So I have that set but the pix don't seem to actually save there. I can't find them in the gallery nor on through "my files". I lost some of those pix this weekend that I thought I had. :'(

Any thoughts? Did ICS screw that up for me?

Shelley Jagodzinski

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to do this on my mothers phone and she doesn't have that option... It says switch camera, white balance, iso, resolution, wide screen, quality, self timer, geo tag, auto enhance, metering mode, review duration, flicker adjustment, auto focus, face detection, shutter sound, time stamp, grid and reset.... Is there any other way to do this?! Please help!! Very frustrated!!!!

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Lookng at vito032's picture those are the shortcuts and they don't all fit on one screen Shelley, you can swipe down to scroll to the bottom for the rest. Better yet, don't even mess with the shortcuts. The proper way to do it is without shortcuts and use the settings menu. That bottom-left icon of the gear in vito032's picture takes you to the actual settings, swipe down to 'Storage' and change to Memory Card.

saysdamendra

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
There is no specific method to change the camera storage. But you can change the default storage of your phone to SD card and that will automatically change the camera storage to SD card.
Settings -> Storage -> Change default storage to SD card

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz