Random question:

I'm assuming the EVO 4G LTE will be released before the GS3. So, if I use my upgrade on the EVO LTE, then return it for the GS3, do I still get the upgrade price for the GS3?

Thanks.
    05-02-2012 03:05 PM
    if you return it within the 14 days (or whatever your return period is) you should be able to get it.
    ArtVandelay likes this.
    05-02-2012 03:25 PM
    Depends on the return policy and the amount of days you have to bring it back. If you might return it for the GS3 think about where you buy it. See which store has the longest and best return policy... Best Buy or Maybe Radio Shack or Sprint. If all else fails someone would be happy to buy it on Ebay. lol
    ArtVandelay likes this.
    05-02-2012 08:17 PM
    Yeah you will be stuck with the 2 week return policy and maybe even a restocking fee? You can always get it at Best Buy and get their Buy Back program. Usually Best Buys retail prices for phones are higher than anywhere else, for example the Epic Touch runs 499 full price at Sprint and 699 at Best Buy. If you but it at Best buy and pay the 60 bucks for the Buy back (or 30 if you buy the Black Tie protection which in my opinion is a better deal than the TEP Sprint offers since there is no deductible and because they will give you either a loaner or a new phone immediately for the monthly fee of 9.99) then, if the pricing scheme stays the same you should get 350 bucks back that you can now spend on GS3. Best Buy will price match the lower Sprint price, so all in all, not that bad of a deal. After 6 months you only get 40% of the retail price, so 280.

It's some math worth playing with if you change phones frequently.
    nikiva101 and ArtVandelay like this.
    05-03-2012 02:03 AM
    Thanks.

I just want a 4G LTE until the GS3 comes out..is that too much to ask for?
    05-07-2012 10:22 AM
    Personally I wouldnt get the GSIII. Im not impressed with Samsung devices anymore. I am personally getting the EVO LTE and not the GSIII. I have both the original epic and Epic 4g touch and simply put i did not like the GPS on either devices. Plus it takes them months to upgrade to ICS. Im done with Samsung.
    05-07-2012 12:11 PM
    I love my e4gt. BUT I HATE ITS GPS AS WELL! Sorry I had to get that out. The one knock on an absolutely amazing device. I want to know why the iPhone's GPS is so much better than Samsung. Surely Samsung has the smarts to figure this GPS out. unfortunately I don't think they care. They sold how many million gs2s, and every one off them has a crappy GPS unit. COME ON MAN!
    05-07-2012 06:34 PM
    I guess what I am trying to say is, I will be looking at HTC , Moto, and whatever else is competing in July '13. sg3, and Samsung as a whole, is the last device one my list. Then again I am one of those suckers with a wonderful e4gt. thanks Samsung.
    05-07-2012 06:40 PM
    And you wanna be my latex salesmen .
    I'm looking at the evo lte also. I dont know if can handle just having 3g until they fire up lte in charlotte ,nc.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    05-12-2012 03:07 PM
    Is Vanderlay still in the latex industry?
    05-12-2012 03:12 PM
    I don't know how long it will take to convert the nextel signals LTE, but I assume neither of these phones will work with those signals? Or is there any chance the same might?
    05-12-2012 06:50 PM
    We don't even know when the Sprint GS3 is coming.... or if it will have quad core.
    05-20-2012 08:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD