Android version 4.0.4

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Just a heads up to my fellow Epic 4G Touch owners that the latest ICS build for our phone brought with it an update to Android version 4.0.4. A nice little surprise and certainly welcome. I honestly wasn't expecting 4.0.4 until an update after the official release. Good stuff!

For those interested in giving it a try prior to the official update, and aren't averse to manually flashing firmware to your phone (and rooting it in the process), head on over to XDA for the build leak that sfhub so nicely released and packaged for us ...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1642564

4a571e26-c006-74ae.jpg

Last edited:

luvsmobile

Luvzmobile
Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I flashed the full wipe version this time around in hopes they've finally fixed my bluetooth media audio issues. *crosses fingers*

Also, Android version 4.0.4 was added in this release!

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...-4g-touch/172415-android-version-4-0-4-a.html

Yeah I've heard a few others with BT issues but had none. A Motorola, Plantronics Pro, and my Pioneer car stereo with no problems. Its weird how some have problems and others don't.

My only complaint about any of the latest ICS leaks has been the status light. The scrolling isn't even issue for me.

steddora

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, scrolling; I like it. If you're gently with your fingers like I am, the scrolling is sweet!

Downloading this now; upgrading from FD26! xD

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Now if we could just get that aforementioned official update already, that would be swell... I've been scanning the engadget app every single day awaiting some sort of news about it. I know it will be underwhelming but I can't help but yearn for it.

gtoatley

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I am waiting for the official update as well. I am hesitant because I use my phone for work and can't afford to "brick" it. So....is rooting the phone as easy and smooth as it seems? If so I may make the leap.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I am waiting for the official update as well. I am hesitant because I use my phone for work and can't afford to "brick" it. So....is rooting the phone as easy and smooth as it seems? If so I may make the leap.

It really is as easy as it seems using Odin and a PC. Using Odin it's virtually impossible to brick this phone. The only way it may happen is if you accidentally pull the cable or your power goes out mid-flash. Even then, it's still possible to recover.

However, unless you're chomping at the bit to root your phone or experience ICS, I would continue to hold out for the official update, as I believe we are really close to seeing it released. Probably within the month.

Reactions: gtoatley

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
When the official comes out, can we update to the official if we are rooted?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

No, generally not. You would need to either be completely stock or manually flash the update.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

Keep in mind that there will be no reason to upgrade to the official untooted since a rooted version will be available to flash based in the official release. .

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Ya but how long before a rooted version of the official will be released?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Actually, the final build that ends up being the official update will probably be available to flash manually before it's available via the OTA.

b0x3r

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if we will finally be able to turn off the camera shutter sound!?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if we will finally be able to turn off the camera shutter sound!?

No. It's the same situation as it is currently. You cannot disable camera sounds without rooting and running a modified ROM or doing it yourself.

bigseeph

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
just got my epic two days ago. had it for a whopping 5 minutes before rooting. i've been working with android phones for a while now. my issue is: in my area, sprint has been dangling this 4g crap in front of me for years, and it seems it just isn't happening. i'm dealing with "3G" as well as i can, but i've noticed that where my evo 4G had full signal, and a half decent rate of speed in my house, it takes the epic minutes where my old phone took seconds. are there any different radios for this phone? sorry if this is the wrong thread, i don't post much. thanks all!

Sn1per 117

Flashaholic
Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
just got my epic two days ago. had it for a whopping 5 minutes before rooting. i've been working with android phones for a while now. my issue is: in my area, sprint has been dangling this 4g crap in front of me for years, and it seems it just isn't happening. i'm dealing with "3G" as well as i can, but i've noticed that where my evo 4G had full signal, and a half decent rate of speed in my house, it takes the epic minutes where my old phone took seconds. are there any different radios for this phone? sorry if this is the wrong thread, i don't post much. thanks all!

The latest official ota modem version is el29, but there are newer modems, the newest being fe10, that having been in leaked ics builds.

Here's the latest modem in a cwm flashable zip: http://little-melon.com/sfhub/update-modem-FE10-FULL-CWM.zip
You can use any modem with any kernel regardless of gb or ics.
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Reactions: bigseeph

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21