I am not sure if this happens with anyone else but for some reason, the wifi on my phone will sometimes not load webpages or grab email at all without me either turning off the wifi and then turning it back on. Otherwise, it will take forever to load a webpage and then it will say that the connection timed out because it took too long. I tried assigning a specific IP address to the phone to solve the problem but this no longer works either. I know it was a fix to a problem with the EVO. I have a belkin router, if that makes a difference.

I will also like to say that this phone does not seem to have gorilla glass. I know that many people on this forum have referred to the Corning website as a source, but I have looked at the actual box the phone came in and no where does it say that this phone has gorilla glass. I know that the t-mobile version of this phone has it stated specifically. I have some light scratches on my phone and I am not really sure how I got them. I suppose it is always possible that sharp keys or grains of sand did it,but the scratches are fairly light. I took a razor blade to the tmobile version and nothing happened to the screen. I would do the same to my phone but I am quite scared that I will end up scratching my phone. I suspect that they might have only used gorilla glass on the gsm version and not the cdma version.
    05-09-2012 07:35 PM
    It's sounds more like just a problem with your specific network. Have you tried using other wifi networks? Also, it does have gorilla glass...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    05-09-2012 09:01 PM
    Have you tested your wifi issue while connected to other wifi networks apart from your own? I'm curious to know how after all this time it is still inconclusive as to whether or not this phone has gorilla glass or not. I mean it obviously doesn't because too many people post about getting scratches from their phone being in their pocket.

I wonder if I could just call sprint and ask them directly. Gorilla glass was one of the selling points for me when I bought the phone so I'm a little disappointed that my phone has to live in a otterbox but all in all I love the phone. I have no software issues at all.
    05-09-2012 09:07 PM
    Just wanted to say, Belkin routers in a whole.... Aren't the best there are for sure. I have two routers in my home network and the Belkin is plain and simple, horrid. I use it now simply as a wired router for the last bedroom which contains my media server. Wireless on it is about as reliable as a 15 year old boy following his curfew. Try wifi with another router and check the results. It could just be a lame router like my Belkin N150.
    05-09-2012 10:33 PM
    I had the same issues with my Galaxy S2 and my Belkin router when I got my phone and just like you had to keep turning on and off the wifi to reconnect. I have since upgraded my router to a Linksys and have no issue with my wifi connection.
    05-10-2012 05:07 AM
    The phone does have Gorilla glass. Gorilla glass will scratch. It is not invincible. If you have scratches, it is something you did to cause them. You may not have known that what you did would cause scratches but you did. Don't blame the phone for your mistake. Regarding the WiFi, it is probably an issue with your router
    05-10-2012 08:01 AM
    I spoke to sprint and they told me that this particular phone does not have gorilla glass. I spoke to two different people about this and they both said the same thing. Yes, it is true that gorilla glass is not supposed to be invincible just scratch resistant. I was just trying to let everyone know that according to the Sprint CSR, this model does not include gorilla glass. Even on the Samsung website, it does not list this as a feature of the CDMA model. It only has it for the GSM ones. I thought it had gorilla glass on it and that is why I did not put a screen protector on it. Yes, you are right. It is my mistake for not having it on there. I should have been paying closer attention to the fine print when I was researching this phone.
    05-10-2012 09:29 AM
    If your only gripe is gorilla glass. I wouldn't say that is that bad. You won't find a phone that you love 100% and simply see no flaws. But I can say I got the at&t galaxy s2 which I've had since release and now the sprint one for two months and have no scratches. Do you place your phone in your pocket that has keys?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    05-10-2012 02:02 PM
    No, I suppose it's not that bad. I am disappointed that I can't get rid of the camera sound like the gsm variant. The scratches aren't that bad on the device. You can only tell there are scratches on it when you shine the flashlight on it. I do not put it in a pocket with keys. I just find it odd that I was able to take a razor blade to the gsm one and not be able to produce any scratches. The wifi is also a issue, I will try and switch out my router but I did not have this problem when I had my Nexus S 4g. I will check out other wifi spots too but today when I was at the hospital, I was having trouble with the wifi as well. It connects, but after awhile I have to toggle on/off the wifi switch to get it to work again. I might just have a bum phone.
    05-10-2012 05:02 PM
    If you root you can silence the camera.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    05-10-2012 05:44 PM
    As stated, the wi-fi issue is likely your router. I have zero issues with wi-fi and I use it almost everywhere I go. Home, work, school, all wi-fi networks that I connect to with no issues at all. The Gorilla Glass debate will continue forever. You cannot trust the things that come from a Sprint CSR. I have found that I am more knowledgable about their phones and network just from reading news articles and forum posts. I am not nice to my phones, but so far I have yet to scratch the screen on my E4GT, and it goes in my pocket with my keys all the time, as well as flying around my car periodically when I forget to secure it before driving. YMMV, but mine has been stellar so far.
    05-11-2012 01:28 PM
    Good screen protectors are $15or less. Stienhiel crystal is a nice one and it comes with 2.
    05-14-2012 08:45 PM
    Screen protectors and I have this on going battle where the screen protector always wins. When I worked in retail I was able to put a huge decal on a window without any bubbles but I can not for the life of me put a screen protector on my phone without a million little bubbles showing up.....lol

I'm at my breaking point so I'm just gonna go into Best Buy to have them put one on for me.
    05-15-2012 08:31 AM
    You could get a case with a screen protector built in? I love my otterbox. Most people don't even know there is a screen protector on there.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    05-15-2012 09:44 AM
    As other have said, it seems like for a few dollars you could get a screen protector so you wouldn't be "so dissapointed". Or maybe not put the phone in your pocket with sharp metal objects?

As to the Wifi, I agree with the others that say it is probably your router. I have had no wifi problems.

I have had GPS problems and Sprint service problems.....but that is another topic.

I am not sure if this happens with anyone else but for some reason, the wifi on my phone will sometimes not load webpages or grab email at all without me either turning off the wifi and then turning it back on. Otherwise, it will take forever to load a webpage and then it will say that the connection timed out because it took too long. I tried assigning a specific IP address to the phone to solve the problem but this no longer works either. I know it was a fix to a problem with the EVO. I have a belkin router, if that makes a difference.

I will also like to say that this phone does not seem to have gorilla glass. I know that many people on this forum have referred to the Corning website as a source, but I have looked at the actual box the phone came in and no where does it say that this phone has gorilla glass. I know that the t-mobile version of this phone has it stated specifically. I have some light scratches on my phone and I am not really sure how I got them. I suppose it is always possible that sharp keys or grains of sand did it,but the scratches are fairly light. I took a razor blade to the tmobile version and nothing happened to the screen. I would do the same to my phone but I am quite scared that I will end up scratching my phone. I suspect that they might have only used gorilla glass on the gsm version and not the cdma version.
    05-16-2012 01:05 PM
    +1, the GPS is not always reliable. It usually works well when I am not really in desperate need of it.
    05-19-2012 08:40 PM
    This phone just has the worst radios/gps I have ever seen.
    05-20-2012 08:47 PM
    I bet the galaxy player is pretty cool for what it is.
    05-20-2012 08:54 PM
    Ive seen a few people talking about these similar problems, but I have not expierienced any of this. Sometimes coverage drops, but ive come to expect this with sprint on occasion but my wifi has worked great. But for the excellent customer service and unlimited data im ok with that. As far asthe scratches, screen protector plain and simple. Do not buy the cheapos on Ebay or at 5below they just dony stick as well and last as long. For the GPS, I just drove 4 hours to and from the beach this past weekend and it worked flawlessly. Only time it lost satellite signal is when I went through a heavily wooded area and was connected again within 20 seconds.

All in all I think this is an excellent phone. Maybe you got a defective one? This happened to me with an xbox 360 before and had the RROD in under a year.

I would maybe contact sprint if the issues persist or get worse and see if a new phone is the cure.
    05-21-2012 11:14 PM
    I owned a htc hero before the Galaxy s 2 and the gps works great meybe you need to update it or call sprint & they can probably help you out.I take care of forclosed homes and use a tom tom and when that doesn't work right my galaxy will always show me the way.Also when it comes to the radio this is the best I have ever had I recomend power amp from the market you can get a week trial to check it out it comes with an equalizer and seperate bass & treble it sounds incredible it is $5.99 one time fee if you want it but I also recomend a good set of headphones like dre monster beats that have ear plugs the bass is the best I've ever heard from headphones with the powe amp application. So get the app and a good set of head phones and yoy will be blown away crystal clear.GPS is never perfect esspecially with any cell phone
    05-23-2012 09:38 AM

05-23-2012 09:40 AM
    it will scratch do not cut with a razor
    05-23-2012 09:41 AM
    I have yet to see my wifes ip4 GPS wrong. When mine is acting up I restart the phone and tell my wife to bring up her maps and boom every time it takes a second or 3. I hope this is something Samsung worked on with the gs3.
    05-23-2012 01:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD