I transfer the Weezer blue album to my e4gt from my laptop. I burn the Weezer album from CD and my stupid phone says some of the album is unkNown, but some of it shows up as Weezer. WTF!?!?! How stupid is this smartphone!?!?! please help. I enjoy listening to my music as albums sometimes, but this phone separates an actual album into several different unkNown songs. What is the deal?!
    05-12-2012 06:43 PM
    The phone only reads the tags created when you ripped the CD. A quick look tells me that tracks 12, 13, and 14 may be different from the rest of the CD, based on what disc you used to rip it. Are those the tracks that appear as a separate album?

You can use a program that edits ID3 tags (on your computer, or even on your phone) to fix it if you can't figure out why the ripper program tagged them differently.
    05-12-2012 06:48 PM
    The actual blue album has like three songs and the "unknown blue album" is the rest of them. I burned the album using windows media player on my wifes laptop. This seems like a stupid mistake. I am very frustrated as there is no way to change the name of the files in order to combine into one album. That is not the worst one either.the Charles angel soundtrack shows each individual song a its own album.and there are more. WTF!!!!!
    05-13-2012 09:05 AM
    why am I having to fix album info that was correct in the first place, from an album purchased in a store? I never had this problem with blackberry! I am burning actual artist albums WTF ANDROID OR SAMSUNG OR GOOGLE.
    05-13-2012 09:17 AM
    why am I having to fix album info that was correct in the first place, from an album purchased in a store? I never had this problem with blackberry! I am burning actual artist albums WTF ANDROID OR SAMSUNG OR GOOGLE.
    Why are you blaming the phone when you obviously don't understand how to rip a cd? I have 62 albums in my phone and not one of them have this problem. I edit the MP3 tags so they all show up as a single album if I run into any issues and the phone reads them just fine.

And by the way a lot of ripping software will only rip the song and not the info.
    Ry likes this.
    05-15-2012 01:35 PM
    That is ridiculous. Thanks for nothing syphex
    05-17-2012 10:21 AM
    The actual blue album has like three songs and the "unknown blue album" is the rest of them. I burned the album using windows media player on my wifes laptop. This seems like a stupid mistake. I am very frustrated as there is no way to change the name of the files in order to combine into one album. That is not the worst one either.the Charles angel soundtrack shows each individual song a its own album.and there are more. WTF!!!!!
    The problem is not the name of the files but the info that's contained inside the files. You can change that with a program that edits the "tags" in the file. Try downloading Mp3Tag or Media Jukebox and take a look at the info in the files ... it's actually quite easy. I suspect the phone is displaying the "albums" based on the info that's there (which is what most music players do).

Rob
    Ry likes this.
    05-17-2012 10:43 AM
    The two key tags-

Album
    Album Artist

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    05-17-2012 11:34 AM
    I am aware of many ways to go through and retag all of my library, what gets to me is I load music on my e4gt the same way I loaded it on my old blackberry and I never had this problem with it. actually the last two blackberies I had always kept my albums together. So what's the deal Android?
    05-18-2012 06:12 PM
    I don't believe it's a "deal" with Android ... it would appear to be a problem with the way these MP3s got tagged ... which means it's probably something that happened when you ripped them. Are you saying that if you load these exact same files on a Blackberry they behave differently ... or are you saying you just never noticed this type of problem before?

It sounds to me like you don't really want to solve or even understand the problem ... but just complain about it.

Rob

I am aware of many ways to go through and retag all of my library, what gets to me is I load music on my e4gt the same way I loaded it on my old blackberry and I never had this problem with it. actually the last two blackberies I had always kept my albums together. So what's the deal Android?
    Ry likes this.
    05-19-2012 12:40 AM
    yes your right, I want to complain. How else do things like this get fixed in the future? What I am saying is I rip CDs with my windows media player andthen sync my phone with WMP. if my PC shows all the album info, why does my smartphone not have that same correct album info? my reasoning? If blackberry can do it can't Android do the same. It erks me that this is happening, I don't have time to sit around retagging half of my music library.
    05-19-2012 08:19 AM
    yes your right, I want to complain. How else do things like this get fixed in the future? What I am saying is I rip CDs with my windows media player andthen sync my phone with WMP. if my PC shows all the album info, why does my smartphone not have that same correct album info? my reasoning? If blackberry can do it can't Android do the same. It erks me that this is happening, I don't have time to sit around retagging half of my music library.
    I'll ask.

Do all the tracks have the same Album and Album Artist info in their tags?

05-19-2012 01:31 PM
    If you can't figure it out for yourself.. Go back to your Blackberry since you clearly want to blame a simple tagging issue on the whole Android OS. I personally won't be back to this thread since I could care less if your problem gets solved!!
    Ry likes this.
    05-19-2012 03:41 PM
    ITunes actually has this same problem. You have to change the album artist to match the artist on the CD. Sometimes the album artist category is blank and the album gets split up. Just change the tag on the computer and rerip it or download an app that allow you to change the info on the music on the phone. Lets be proactive instead of reactive.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    05-19-2012 06:45 PM
    That is the best response I have gotten here, thank you. I would rather try that then go through my entire library one song at a time. Lol luvsmobile. d**k. If blackberry actually had something with comparable specs I would smart guy.
    05-19-2012 07:49 PM
    You seem to have ignored the most important point of my post, so I'll repeat it for you ... "it's probably something that happened when you ripped them.". The problem is almost certainly caused by how the CD was ripped, and is unlikely a bug in the Android music player. What needs to be "fixed" are the MP3 files that you created. What does "my PC shows all the album info" mean ... are you actually looking at tags or just directories and file names?

Earlier you asked "why am I having to fix album info that was correct in the first place, from an album purchased in a store?". This a WRONG assumption, there is usually NO album info on the CD other than an ID number. The program which rips the MP3 typically uses this ID to retrieve info from an on-line database (like CDDB or freedb) and puts the info into the MP3 files. Modern MP3 players use this info to create lists of "albums" and "artists". There are players which can just read the directories and file names, but they are by far the exception these days (perhaps Blackberry did this, I doubt it but maybe).

05-19-2012 08:11 PM

This is content under properties on my PC for the Weezer album I speak of. Sorry about the pic, my laptop screen isn't the greatest
    05-19-2012 08:31 PM
    I found out that the Android music player looks at the Artist on the track. If the song displays a featured artist, then the album will be spilt into how many tracks there are with featured artist... This is a flaw in the software.. How do I know, because I don't have 6 different cd's with different featured artist.
    08-15-2012 07:34 PM
    Thank you. I dont understand why people want to complain to me for calling out android on this issue. It is there, plain as day. The only way i have found to fix it is to use one of those id tag fixing apps. And it is Annoying to have to go through almost my whole library to fix the song titles. I loaded the album info when i burned my cds and that is all it should take. I am not crazy.... Lol
    08-16-2012 10:38 AM
    I found out that the Android music player looks at the Artist on the track. If the song displays a featured artist, then the album will be spilt into how many tracks there are with featured artist... This is a flaw in the software.. How do I know, because I don't have 6 different cd's with different featured artist.
    Is it a flaw?

I haven't run into this issue because I correctly put the featured artist in the song title.

08-16-2012 11:11 AM
    You are kind of being a **** about people trying to help you, but i'll throw this out anyway...

Download a media player that uses Folder Browsing...and organize your media that way.
    08-16-2012 05:05 PM
    Sigh....
    08-17-2012 08:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD