About time for a Class Action on Sprint??

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

aaronrw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I've felt sprint to be unwilling to compromise on some things. Unlimited blows when you can't connect. Come on sprint speed it up

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: truthteller10

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I've felt sprint to be unwilling to compromise on some things. Unlimited blows when you can't connect. Come on sprint speed it up

I don't know if they can honestly..Then those with us stuck with wimax phones will only have the non-existent wimax and horrible 3g..Its time for us to make some serious noise and not be held to our contracts.

degjo

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I opened my contract with Sprint three years ago in San Diego, no WiMax to speak of. Speeds were okay on 3g, enough to have me download apps and such.

A year ago I moved to Visalia, Ca. The 4g strength here is amazing. Just before you live in a place that has poor signal and everything that goes with it doesn't mean you have to 'lawyer up'. You willingly entered into a contract knowing that Wimax may or may not show up, and if you did your homework would have saw poor 3g signals where you live.

I highly doubt a judge or lawyer would touch this with a stick.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I know sprint can be slow in some areas (i got 64kbps down last friday) but on average, I'm still seeing decent speeds - 1.4-2 mbps avg

Sent using my MoPho-King photon

byeblackberry

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Sprint should not tell you that they have coverage in an area when they don't. I have terrible 3G but Sprint states my area has coverage. WTF

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Its unlimited. you can complain and get great limited speeds.:cool:

Are you serious my friend??? All over the forums in many different forums people are getting 60kbs downloads with 400+ latency and you think this is acceptable because its unlimited? Although Sprint maybe 20 bucks less these speeds are shameful and slower than dial-up. Also keep in mind that this affects battery life.

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
It amazes me that out of hundreds of people that have complained it is always 2 or 3 people to chime in with a claim of speeds that Sprint doesn't even advertise..lol..amazes me every time.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
It amazes me that out of hundreds of people that have complained it is always 2 or 3 people to chime in with a claim of speeds that Sprint doesn't even advertise..lol..amazes me every time.

Guessing you want screens then? Btw, go look at sprint.com, they are advertising 3g speeds greater than 3mbps possible.

Sprint, 3g (can see both facts in my status bar)

Right after I posted.
42575061-ea36-51d2.jpg

And another, in mbps fashion?

42575061-eb5f-b0fa.jpg

believe me now?

Edit edit: saw something on the website about 3mb down this past sunday, but could only find this atm...

ad432dd4-ed79-5f71.jpg

Last edited:

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Guessing you want screens then? Btw, go look at sprint.com, they are advertising 3g speeds greater than 3mbps possible.

Right after I posted. Click to view quoted image

Click to view quoted image

believe me now?

Edit edit: saw something on the website about 3mb down this past sunday, but could only find this atm...

Thanks for this..even more reason to try to gain support for a class action lawsuit..We havn't seen 400kbps since we've been with sprint.. Also that doesn't show your network..You could be on 4g or WiFi..Doesn't make a different theres hundreds of threads complaining about Sprints speed.

aaronrw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site

Right after I posted. Click to view quoted image

believe me now?

So sprint is false advertising about 3g speeds is what I get out of this post.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Don't get 4g in this particular spot in my house, and my 4g speeds are higher than that, and my wifi is 24mbps, do are you kidding?

Look at the top right, see the 3g indicator? See the sprint in the drop down notification area? But for joys, I'll go smoke a cig and get a 4g ss for ya.

Btw, uploading results from the same tests I posted earlier when I said it was 3g...

425750e7-f353-9222.jpg

Heres the first. ^

425750e7-f379-0662.jpg

Heres a 4g

Still unsure why 3g always finds dc as my closest server... I live <10 miles south of baltimore... And I know 4g upload speed sucked, that one must have been a fluke...

As far as false advertising, keyword is average. Good luck trying to get out. I'm not trying to be a d**k, just a realist.

Last edited:

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm just trying to point out that a "class action" will never work. Sprint has their bases covered and a team of lawyers, but if you all want to waste your time, feel free

And my speeds are steady here... I'm sorry others don't have that luck.

Reactions: thenameisnigel

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
My 3G speeds have slowed almost to a crawl here in central Florida. Heck, my speeds 3 years ago trumped what I get now.

But for all intents and purposes, sprint is as of now, upgrading to the new network vision. Not sure if that is the problem but I'm willing to bet these speeds will increase once it goes live.

Reactions: tirith

Samsmalls

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Really up until this year i was always the guy above me wondering what was all the complaining about my 3G speeds were acceptable the last two years in Chicago, & NW Indiana. NOW... this is really ridiculous 4g is abundant here, however when outside of a 4G zone forget it... I can't understand how the 3g can decline to basically unable speeds. I can only imagine how customers feel outside 4G areas. You can't even purchase an LTE handset because the 3g networks useless now...

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I would have to agree with an earlier poster that it would be very difficult to get a class action suit going against a mobile carrier. Every agreement you have signed with them states some form of "your experience will vary". This variation can be based on a lot of things: geographic location, type of building you are generally in, how you hold your phone (for the Apple fans among us), and a slew of other reasons. The reality is, proving that you should be getting better speeds is going to be really difficult. An expert can likely provide information that in your area, speeds are where they should be and that the Speed Test app we all use is not accurate for x,y,z reasons.

I suppose I am one of the lucky ones where I have some access to 4G (great speeds), and overall my 3G speeds are acceptable to me (I generally prefer mobile sites on my phone so that is probably why). I use WiFi when I'm home and my phone speed tests faster than my laptop. I'm certainly looking forward to this "network vision" and a better 4G network.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I personally don't have any complaints about my data speeds.

I do know that a lot of people do have issues with their data speeds and I'm not going to discredit them. Sprint may be slow and I don't think it's entirely their fault. Please hear me out before verbally punching me in the face.

We see a lot of posts on numerous different forums about how slow the network is and how Sprint needs to make their network faster. I have also seen a lot of posts where people are being contacted by Sprint to lessen their data usage since they're using ridiculous amounts of data. When asked how they're using so much data they respond by saying they stream 4 or 5 movies a day, tehter their home computers all day, and even saw quite a people saying they have been tethering their gaming consoles to their phones.

I don't think Sprint is entirely to blame here. We also need to look in the direction of the data hogs out there streaming/tethering all day. I don't think it's fair for them to be doing this. I understand it's unlimited data but that doesn't mean they have the right to stream/tehter all day. It's not their data no matter how they look at it. You are on Sprint's network using their data, end of story.

A class action lawsuit may hurt us as much as it will help us. Sprint can most certainly turn around and say, "OK, we'll make our network faster and to keep it faster we'll be putting a cap on everyone's data usage and introduce tiered data plans." In which case if theydo that, we'll see more complaining on the forums.

I say start with the data hogs. Tell them they need to cut down their data usage and keep it down or they'll be dropped from Sprint.

jeff1974w

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
My 3G speeds have slowed almost to a crawl here in central Florida. Heck, my speeds 3 years ago trumped what I get now.

But for all intents and purposes, sprint is as of now, upgrading to the new network vision. Not sure if that is the problem but I'm willing to bet these speeds will increase once it goes live.

AMEN to that!
I live in Central Florida too, more specific, Altamonte Springs FL. 32701
I get ZERO 4g service at home (when i look on sprints coverage map, I am in the 4g coverage area)
My 3g speeds since October of last year have slowed to a crawl. The one app I use a lot is Pandora....before it would never buffer, now it buffers after damn near every song.

And this is everywhere i go. Clearwater FL, Sebring FL, Wachula FL, Brooksville FL, Melbourne FL, Ocala FL, Fruitland Park FL, Haines City FL.

I spent hours on the phone with sprint and went through so many techs, calling several times a day troubleshooting the phone.....

they ended up sending me a airrave for the house...but i dont have a issue with dropped calls at home...they said it would improve my 3g speeds...i said, what good is is that, i'll just connect to my wifi and get 30+mbs download.....simply pointless!!!:confused:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae