The battery on this thing just blows my mind. I've had the phone about two months. Right now I'm stock rooted and underclocked to 1Ghz using the "conservative" governor. My display settings are auto-brightness and "movie" mode. I prefer movie mode because the colors look more accurate. Also, I'm using Juice Defender Plus.

Anyway, I charged my phone all Monday night and didn't have to plug it back in till late Wednesday night. During that time I surfed the web with Wi-Fi, streamed the Engadget Mobile podcast (2 hours), used the android central application, frequently used and updated the engadget application, played several games of Draw Something, sent a ton of texts, made a few phone calls, updated apps from Google play, used Google maps, listened to music during my commute, and more.

I never had the screen on for more than 10-15 minutes at a time but I used the phone pretty moderately. That is why I'm amazed at the battery life. I wouldn't have even expected that to be possible without using the phone for anything. I love this thing.

Attachment 26787

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    05-31-2012 09:35 AM
    Battery life on my device is great. I don't need to keep 4G on all day, same with GPS and the bright screen settings. With the right settings you can get excellent battery life on the stock battery. It helps to have a rooted device -- but not necessarily required for improved use.
    05-31-2012 11:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD