06-05-2012 11:48 AM
30 12
tools
    I have not rooted the phone and this must have been done by the previous seller. I purchased this off of ebay from someone.
    06-04-2012 10:21 AM
    and my apologies for my ignorance i figured this was the original version not thinking previous owner rooted it. What do you all suggest i change it too or revert it back to stock?
    06-04-2012 10:22 AM
    and my apologies for my ignorance i figured this was the original version not thinking previous owner rooted it. What do you all suggest i change it too or revert it back to stock?
    I personally would suggest you flash back to the current official Gingerbread firmware, which is build version EL29. Doing this will get you back to complete stock with fresh data like you pulled it new out of the box. This will help you narrow down where your software related problems are. It will also allow you to take the ICS update via OTA, which should be pushed to this phone very soon (within the month probably).

Follow the instructions in this video:

Links to the files you'll need are in the video description.
    hellomoto921 likes this.
    06-04-2012 02:28 PM
    No apologies necessary, but at least now you that it's running a non-supported version of the OS, which could possibly be the cause of some of the odd behavior. I think it's still true that Android tends to be a bit more complex, especially when you're coming from a different user experience like BlackBerry.
    hellomoto921 likes this.
    06-04-2012 03:56 PM
    I personally would suggest you flash back to the current official Gingerbread firmware, which is build version EL29. Doing this will get you back to complete stock with fresh data like you pulled it new out of the box. This will help you narrow down where your software related problems are. It will also allow you to take the ICS update via OTA, which should be pushed to this phone very soon (within the month probably).

Follow the instructions in this video:

Links to the files you'll need are in the video description.
    Thanks for the help much appreciated.
    06-05-2012 11:48 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD