06-04-2012 09:35 AM
    This is phone is like Samsung Galaxy S2A
    spewak and j510 like this.
    06-04-2012 10:42 AM
    Nope no quad-core for the GS3. The Samsung quad-core chip is no LTE capable... So all of the US LTE versions are shipping with Qualcom's dual-core S4 cpu. From what I've read around, the Qualcom chip benchmarks just as good though.

Sent From My Galaxy10.1 Class Starship...
    06-04-2012 11:55 AM
    The reason the benchmarks are about the same is there are virtually
    no android applications that utilize more than 2 cores.

Bout the only thing i can think of would be some games
    from Nvidia's Tegra zone.
    06-04-2012 12:03 PM
    The reason the benchmarks are about the same is there are virtually
    no android applications that utilize more than 2 cores.

Bout the only thing i can think of would be some games
    from Nvidia's Tegra zone.
    Yep... That plus the fact that LTE will take the better part of the year or more to really start being a factor (at least on Sprint that is) makes the GS3 something to watch for me and not an upgrade at this point.

Sent From My Galaxy10.1 Class Starship...
    thenameisnigel and luigi1285 like this.
    06-04-2012 01:04 PM
    doesnt matter to me what the specs are, Ill never buy another Samsung phone, too many quirks and Samsung is a lazy updater
    06-04-2012 05:17 PM
    I'm hesitant to buy this Galaxy SIII for sprint. I use my phone for GPS purposes aggressively, and Samsung phones are known infamously for bad GPS radios. I will read many reviews before I decided on this device. The HTC EVO4GLTE looks a little more enticing.
    06-05-2012 12:50 AM
    Agreement here on the GPS of the Epic on Sprint. But I had an EVO which had fair GPS but a simply horrible boot-loop problem which disabled everything! Couldn't use the fairly good GPS because it wouldn't stop restarting itself!

MM
    06-05-2012 05:16 PM
    doesnt matter to me what the specs are, Ill never buy another Samsung phone, too many quirks and Samsung is a lazy updater
    You don't like Samsung phones but you hang out in their forums. Makes sense to me. LMAO
    j510 likes this.
    06-05-2012 05:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD