is the galaxy nexus 3g faster than the epic 4g touch 3g?

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I was just at the sprint store messing around with the galaxy nexus and in side by side comparisons the nexus had way faster ping and over 1mb dl. My epic 4g touch had I had 1280 ping and.02-.04 dl. am I missing something here? Both phones had full 3g. Oh and I am in the Austin TX market.

Last edited:

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I was just at the sprint store messing around with the galaxy nexus and in side by side comparisons the nexus had way faster ping and over 1mb dl. My epic 4g touch had I had 1280 ping and.02-.04 dl. am I missing something here? Both phones had full 3g. Oh and I am in the Austin TX market.

Use 4G for higher internet speeds...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Use 4G for higher internet speeds...

I don't think that's what he was asking...

From what I've read around here and there is that their is a PRL floating around over on xda that's from the Sprint Gnex. The Gnex could have a better radio in it or even a better antenna lay out so....

I've only played around with a Sprint Gnex for 20 mins or so when I had to exchange my device for a defective usb port. I didn't do a side by side but I do remember thinking that internet speeds did seem a bit faster on 3g. As a matter of fact... I remember that being the only thing that really impressed me about the Gnex.

Sent From My Galaxy10.1 Class Starship...

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: is the galaxy nexus 3g faster than the epic 4g touch?

Hmmmm, the e4gt was also faster than my e4gt. I forgot to mention that earlier. I took in my handset and complained about it (texts not going thru, slow data, very poor GPS). They ordered me a new one and are sending it to my house. They also said, over they phone, that after 3 replacements I could get a different phone. I am not sure what that means. I have had 2 already. I guess I am hoping for another lemon so I can get something else....

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: is the galaxy nexus 3g faster than the epic 4g touch?

I don't know. But side by side my handset got smoked by its twin brother. It means mine is a piece.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't think that's what he was asking...

From what I've read around here and there is that their is a PRL floating around over on xda that's from the Sprint Gnex. The Gnex could have a better radio in it or even a better antenna lay out so....

I've only played around with a Sprint Gnex for 20 mins or so when I had to exchange my device for a defective usb port. I didn't do a side by side but I do remember thinking that internet speeds did seem a bit faster on 3g. As a matter of fact... I remember that being the only thing that really impressed me about the Gnex.

Sent From My Galaxy10.1 Class Starship...

And fyi, I know what he was asking, I chose to give that advice to him though.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463